We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best transportation from Airport to hotel

Winnipeg
10 posts
Save Topic
Best transportation from Airport to hotel

Has anyone recently used Go Airlinks New York to shuttle a group of people from the LGA to downtown Manhatten? It looks like in the past they have been horrible. Does anyone have recommodations for a grp of 8 people? Reliable and clean service.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,913 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best transportation from Airport to hotel

Manhattan. Which hotel?

No one will recommend the shuttle services here. Taking two taxis is likely to be your best option.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best transportation from Airport to hotel

avoid the shuttles - they are universally terrible.

I would do a car service like carmel or dial7

Winnipeg
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best transportation from Airport to hotel

We are staying at the Sheraton New York and Towers.

Winnipeg
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best transportation from Airport to hotel

I have seen negative reviews for carmel. Have you used dial7? Sounds like cabs are still the best way to go. I will see what other travelers recommend.

Thank you for your suggestions!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best transportation from Airport to hotel

I have used dial7 - I recommend them.

Not used Cramel so cant comment. 2 cabs is indeed also a good option as suggested by Irishfan.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best transportation from Airport to hotel

Go airlinks shuttle on no account use them surly drivers and a long long trip here there and everywhere .

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best transportation from Airport to hotel

Go AirLink is horrendous.

All State is excellent. www.allstatelimo.com - +1 212 333 3333. I've used All State a few times and I've been very lucky. Sometimes I get the big GMC Yukon for no extra charge. It just depends. They don't have any idea who I am so it isn't like the Destination Expert gets upgraded. One time they needed a full size van at Newark and it happened to be in Manhattan so I was the sole passenger in their brand new full size van. I'm not suggesting you try your luck - I'm merely making the point that I know All State has some nice large vehicles.

There is no reason not to take the JFK AirTrain to Jamaica and then simply jump on the E train which stops directly outside the front door of the hotel. Everybody can travel together and save some money.

Two cabs will cost $120. total and will not be particularly comfortable for four adults in each taxi. Train will afford you more space and potentially a quicker and more reliable trip depending on traffic.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best transportation from Airport to hotel

The JFK Airtrain? They are arriving at Laguardia or have I missed something?

Winnipeg
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best transportation from Airport to hotel

Yes. We are arriving at LaGuardia airport and going to the Sheraton at times square. The people I am traveling with would perfer not to go by public transport. Shuttle, cab or limo would be perfered. We just really want reliability at a resonable rate ($15.00 per person woudl be fine).

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best transportation from Airport to hotel

By the way, you are confused about where you are going. The Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers is neither at Times Square, nor is it downtown, despite your attempt to move it (and Times Square is not "downtown", either, for that matter.) The hotel is instead in midtown Manhattan, at Seventh Avenue and 53rd Street.