We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your list of "didn't do's"

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
416 reviews
Save Topic
Your list of "didn't do's"

Hey guys - I'm sure we all have one on our dog-eared itineraries that we have brought back home with us , , but has anybody recently been to NY with a list of "didn't do's" - you know , the ringed or highlighted " must sees " that you just didn't have time to see ? ...... The attractions/restaurants/bars or shows that you definately are doing next time !

Now I'm not talking full itineraries here or a list of the whole of NYC , but genuine missed on this trip attractions.

Thought it would be fun to share.

Ours were .....

Eats - Brasserie 1605 at the Crowne Plaza , mainly because this is where we stayed and I had read some good reviews, it had a view of TS too ( we did have breakfast there one morning tho)

Patsy's @ 56th St btw Broadway & 8th Ave ( an old haunt of Frank Sinatras - I love that era of NY)

Brekky at Astro's ( read on TA that they do a great eggs benedict) Or breakfast at Cranberry cafe

Chinatown Ice Cream Factory

Lombardis and Ferrara bakery (still not sampled a cannoli )

79th St Boatbasin

Drinks - 230 fifth ,Top of the Strand , Upstairs at the Kimberley,Ink 48 ,or Salon de Ning ( I swore blind that I would do a rooftop bar this trip - but ....no time !)

Sights/attractions - Prospect Park ,Park Slope ending up at Brooklyn Bridge Park prior to early eve walk across Brooklyn Bridge to see the lights pop on across the skyline.

Water taxi over to Brooklyn (we opted for the subway again)

Museum @ Eldridge

Mahayana Buddhist temple

Madison Square Garden Park

The Skyscraper Museum, Federal Reserve tour , Museum of Jewish Heritage ,

TriBeCa

Roosevelt Island via the tramcar , FAO Schwartz

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your list of "didn't do's"

I've yet to go to Katz Deli....although images of the pastrami make me not want to go...LOL

the Panorama...will do this time

Tenement museum

that's all I can come up with right now...

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your list of "didn't do's"

Same as you, we didn't make it to all of our Brooklyn "wants". We missed out on Prospect Park, Botanical Gardens, Park Slope, and walking the Brooklyn Bridge (that's been on my list three times now).

I have also not tried a cannoli, I was two blocks away from Veniero's, and forgot to stop.

Wanted to try Big Nick's and Levain Bakery on the Upper West Side.

Still haven't tried Shake Shack - that's been on my list a couple of times - I had the chance this time, but opted for Katz's instead. An excellent choice, I think.

No regrets...except for Veniero's. Dang!

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your list of "didn't do's"

The Intrepid - it was closed for refurbishment the both times we've been to NY - on the list for our visit in June this year

Central Park - we've done the basics e.g. John Lennon memorial, the ice rink etc. but so much left to explore

A Shake Shack burger

Lombardi's pizza - we've eaten in Grimaldi's and John's but not Lombardis's

Still haven't been to any NY museum or been to a Broadway show

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your list of "didn't do's"

Meyem - we missed Katz deli and the Tenement museum last trip but managed them this trip , want to do the Panorama next time tho ! ( as well as my didn't do's this last trip lol ! )

Mcwhippet - we actually walked past the Ferrara bakery , but were too full from our last just eaten meal ,( even for dessert ) - oh and you've just reminded me , I didn't do the UWS (that's the next itinerary !)

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your list of "didn't do's"

Julie J - ooh yes , a Grimaldis pizza , not done that yet either (my list of didnts is growing by the minute !)

Did 2 shows last trip , but none this trip and apart from Tenement museum have not done any other museums both trips

(this is interesting , it's a bit like the I went to market game , but instead i went to NY but didn't do the ....)

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your list of "didn't do's"

Shake Shack...i'm so happy I did find that one....cheese fries...YUM

I've been to both Prospect and Central Park, though not extensively...I walk the local woodlands daily with my dog, so parks like that are not high on my itinerary....(though Prospect will be this trip)

No museums??? wow.... ^_^

did you like the Tenement? I love history and old buildings...though I think it may also be a bit too confronting...I will go this time, I hope

Ah, and Chelsea Market, I keep forgetting to go to Chelsea Market...

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Your list of "didn't do's"

We didn't get to the ESB or TOtR last March with our daughter, but we're taking her back in August, so we'll do one. We're also planning on coming up for Thanksgiving, so we can do the other then.

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,538 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your list of "didn't do's"

Prospect Park, Park Slope, the Panorama, a jazz club, The Frick, Jalopy Theater (we walked and walked and couldn't find it last summer), Brooklyn Brewery, an Irish pub with live music, Jimmy Fallon.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,491 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your list of "didn't do's"

Katz deli and Brooklyn flea and brewery.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your list of "didn't do's"

The Brooklyn Flea and the Trade Center Memorial were things I hoped to do on my 2 trips last year, but wasn't able to work them out. I plan to remedy that on my upcoming trip in May, though!