We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Seats in the Majestic Theatre for Phantom of the Opera?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Best Seats in the Majestic Theatre for Phantom of the Opera?

Hi All,

Looking to book tickets for Phantom of the Opera for Saturday 26th March. Can anyone who has been before tell which are the best seats to get?

Regards.

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Seats in the Majestic Theatre for Phantom of the Opera?

Hi There

We were there in December and just went to the theatre on the night in hope of getting tickets and we did get excellent seats, three rows from the front, I think it was the Orchestra, they were $100 each but well worth the money.

Hope this helps.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
340 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Seats in the Majestic Theatre for Phantom of the Opera?

My friend and I got tickets on broadwaybox.com/broadwayoffers.com for Phantom in November. We were in the 7th row on the left and had a great view. Check the seating plan before you choose. We got our tickets for $62 or so, including the service charge so they were a bargain! Enjoy!

Staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
94 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Seats in the Majestic Theatre for Phantom of the Opera?

I got mine on braodway box too paid $124 for 2 tickets on front row of mezzanine, don't know if they are any good though, cos we dont go until next Thursday, but will let you know.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Seats in the Majestic Theatre for Phantom of the Opera?

The New York Times Ticket Watch is offering discount codes for Phantom tickets for $50 each, front orchestra or mezzanine. This is good for weeknight performances through March 18th.

New York
Level Contributor
717 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Seats in the Majestic Theatre for Phantom of the Opera?

Re: Mezzanine.

Keep in mind the "Mezzanine" is divided into "front" and "rear". The fornt overhangs about row 10 or 12 of the orchestra, and first row front mezzanine, in my opinion, is the place to be.

Yes, you miss out on just a little of the illusion of some special effects but the compensations are no heads in front of you and the production seems more "seemless". Have you ever noticed that choreographers watch rehersals from the back. There's a reason: they want a bit of a "pitch" to their view. From the front of the mezzanine you are looking down at the stage at about a 20 or 25 degree angle rather than looking up or horizontally.

I prefer the first few rows for straight drama but for everything else--opera...ballet...and musicals the front mezzanine (i.e. front ring) can't be beat.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Seats in the Majestic Theatre for Phantom of the Opera?

I've seen Phantom so many times, and from every possible section! I'd go for the orchestra, provided you're not sitting beyond the overhang. There are lots of special effects and stunts, and to me a lot of the magic is lost if you view the show from above. I'm sure the front row of the mezzanine is fine, but it's unlikely that'll be available. Honestly, I'd rather be downstairs. Center, of course, or first two seats off the aisles (seat numbers 1-3 or 2-4).

Williston Park, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Seats in the Majestic Theatre for Phantom of the Opera?

I went to see Phantom a couple of years ago. My seats were in the orchestra area row AA. It was the very first row. I must say...if was not the greatest seat choice. I was eye level with the end of the stage....so I wasn't able to see everything (the special effects were lost on me!) I would recommend the orchesta section...but a few rows back...maybe rows A or B. (the first 2 rows are AA and BB then a and b). Enjoy the show!