We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveller trip reports

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Solo traveller trip reports

Hi all,

I was looking to read through the solo traveller trip reports but the most recent post was Jan 2010!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k474427-…

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,

Amy

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,993 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo traveller trip reports

It looks like the more recent ones haven't been added. There are several from just the last few months. Do text search on the forum. When you get to the page with links, they will show up in order od "relevance". Click where it says relevance and select date for the most recent at the top.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo traveller trip reports

There are lots of solos writing trip reports. I often travel to NY alone but don't always take the time to write one. If you look in my profile, you could see a couple but I am pretty boring...haha...If you love to eat, you could catch a couple of restaurants in my trip reports. I usually love to eat at the bar and bartenders are often the nicest. Even though I am a 40 year old woman, they often offer me a cocktail or a glass of wine. Since I eat early, it is quiet and they sometimes like the company. They are the right ones to ask for places to eat and drink.

Have fun!

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo traveller trip reports

Thanks for your tips. Someone has just re-opened the solo trip reports section so hopefully it will be popoulated again with more reports soon.

I'm heading to NYC this Saturday for a week and will certainly add my trip report to the re-opened solo reports section :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo traveller trip reports

>> Someone has just re-opened the solo trip reports section so hopefully it will be popoulated again with more reports soon. <<

That was me. I asked because of your thread. :-)

I will post mine in there for you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo traveller trip reports

I'm sure I've got some of my trip reports lurking around somewhere. Either here or on my website - m4rkm.com

Might be a bit beer centric, but it's still a solo trip report.

M

6. Re: Solo traveller trip reports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:11