We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking outside of Lincoln Tunnel ?

Level Contributor
393 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Parking outside of Lincoln Tunnel ?

We're going to the Foxwoods Theater on W. 42nd St. I recall parking at a lot as soon as we came out of the tunnel from NJ. I think it was directly in fornt of us. At the time it was a more reasonable rate then some other lots. Does anyone know the name? I think it would be walkable to the theater as well? We plan on eating at John's Pizza on W. 44th for a quick kid friendly meal. Thanks again for your help. I will be sure to post after we see Spiderman tomorrow night!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,814 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking outside of Lincoln Tunnel ?

bestparking.com

this will show you lots, give your prices etc. etc.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,029 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking outside of Lincoln Tunnel ?

MPG Manhattan Plaza

401-471 w 42 st. b/w 9th & 10th ave. self park

It's at the foot of Dyer Ave. out of the tunnel 212 279 5213

Level Contributor
393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking outside of Lincoln Tunnel ?

Is the MPG lot walkable to the Foxwoods Theater? It's supposed to be really rainy tomorrow so I was trying to find close yet reasonable parking!

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking outside of Lincoln Tunnel ?

Use the Best web site you were given and find something close and reasonable...

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking outside of Lincoln Tunnel ?

Bring a good umbrella and don't wear fancy shoes.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,029 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking outside of Lincoln Tunnel ?

maps.google.com

estimates the walk from the parking garage to the theater as 8-10 mins. There's an Icon garage at 350 west 42 st. that's much closer to the theater and also to John's. It looks cheaper has valet service (you give an attendant your car) vs. the self park at the MPG place. You can make a reservation at Icon and be guaranteed a spot/price if you print the receipt and bring it with you. I'd do that. Do you have a reservation at John's? I'm not sure they take them and if you don't, I'd have a back up plan (maybe with a reservation).

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking outside of Lincoln Tunnel ?

In bad weather like today and tonight is going to be if I had my family with me i would spend the extra few bucks and park close to the theater using bestparking.com. Especially if the child is small.

8. Re: Parking outside of Lincoln Tunnel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 09:47