We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experience with "GoToBus" from Charlotte to NYC?

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Any experience with "GoToBus" from Charlotte to NYC?

Wondering if anyone has used GoToBus from Charlotte, NC to NYC & back. I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews about "tours" but I'm not trying to take a tour, just a cheap trip to the city to stay a few days & cheap trip back! I heard about GTB in the local paper today, so I thought it might be ok, but after seeing the reviews online, I don't know. I'm specifically interested in the Charlotte-to-NYC trip if possible. Says its supposed to take 12 hours each way, but I'm concerned about all the stops @ Chinese food restaurants I keep reading about! Please help!!!! ((and thanks in advance!))

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any experience with "GoToBus" from Charlotte to NYC?

Gotobus is a tour co. and I think they just use the Chinatown bus cos. buses to get from city to city. I wouldn't use them. Have you checked Greyhound or Peter Pan?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any experience with "GoToBus" from Charlotte to NYC?

I see Greyhound is much more expensive. You can fly for ~ $150 roundtrip.

megabus.com

boltbus.com

are good inexpensive bus cos. but they don't leave from Charlotte. If you can find a nearby city that you can get to, that's another idea.

3. Re: Any experience with "GoToBus" from Charlotte to NYC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 11:52