We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC area getaways..

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
NYC area getaways..

I know there have been questions re: where can I go for a trip out of NYC, and many suggestions and threads. This week Time Out NY (essential reading for many visitors) gives its opinion

…timeout.com/articles/features/74516/your-su…

There's many here I've never seen myself. I would also add AC, Brandywine Valley (PA/DE), northern Chesapeake Bay/Eastern Shore, Berkshire Mountains, Lancaster/Amish land, Connecticut Shore, Newport RI.

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,245 Reviews
from US$ 89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from US$ 175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Trade Center...
551 Reviews
from US$ 34.00*
Manhattan
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC area getaways..

New York has Water. Lots and lots of it. Do you prefer salty & surfy or salty & flat?

Salty & surfy:

Riis Park

Gateway Park (with fishing permit)

Jones Beach

Salty & flat:

Coney Island

Brighton Beach

Fresh and wavy or fresh & flat?

Fresh & flat, the possibilities are endless.

Esopus Creek inner tubing

Hudson River cruises from Manhattan

The Finger Lakes, each more then 10 miles long and most a mile or two wide: Conesus, Hemlock, Honeoye, Keuka, Cayuga, Seneca, Oneida, Canadaigua, Skaneateles, Owasco and Otisco.

Fresh & wavy, I used to go to the upper Hudson, north of Saratoga, inside the Adirondack Park.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC area getaways..

Interesting,yes

...concrete and water...humidity and fluidity(!) (What,is this the Poet's Corner?)

3. Re: NYC area getaways..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 12:58