We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

View From Brooklyn Or Hoboken

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
View From Brooklyn Or Hoboken

........ Or Both

My third trip to NY is only 7 days away now, and on previous occasions I have walked over the brooklyn Bridge for some amazing views of Manhattan, although I have read on TA that Brooklyn Heights is one of the best vantage points, will be doing that this time next week.

I was wondering what people thought of "the other side" in Jersey, where are the good viewing points.

I've read that Hoboken is pretty good, is there anywhere in particular I could head for.

Cheers

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
11. Re: View From Brooklyn Or Hoboken

Yes, Steven's Institute,the best!! Too bad their website doesn't seem to have good photos of the view (did I miss them).

When I was in college, a close friend lived in Hoboken on River St (years before the "new" Hoboken).

She worked in campus and had those gorgeous views all day. We used to hang out in tne park on the hillock near the cannons. I also recall thye had a ship docked on the Hudson River right below the campus that was a dorm! Is this still true? Now that's an incentive to apply to Stevens.

BTW Stevens had an excellent reputation. I believe it was named for John Stevens, the developer of the steam engine.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,172 posts
141 reviews
12. Re: View From Brooklyn Or Hoboken

Just one thing I noticed about the Stevens campus last time I was in Hoboken---There is a big sign at the entrance saying, basically, that only authorized people are allowed on the campus. After seeing that sign, my husband said that we shouldn't go exploring. However, I don't know just how strictly that's enforced. So...that's why I recommend going to Elysian Park---it's right next to the campus.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,697 posts
7 reviews
13. Re: View From Brooklyn Or Hoboken

not so much while school is in session however probably now that summers here and the campus police need something to do during the break.

14. Re: View From Brooklyn Or Hoboken

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 11:28