We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

cmst416
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

We received our confirmation that we had been assigned a BAG for May 18th. His name is Sami; has anyone had this greeter before? Does anyone know if you have a chance to request an area if you had not previously requested one. My daughter has recently decided that she would LOVE to check out Brooklyn.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

Speak to Sami and inquire if he is familiar with Brooklyn and if he can take you there. If he isn't, I'm sure that he'll show you some cool stuff anyway.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,323 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

Hope you have a lovely time with this BAG!!

I'm a little bit envious, because I don't posess the social grace to deal with BAGs :D. I'm sure you'll get lost of extra wonderful info about the big apple....

Please share your experiences afterwards!

love, marian

Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
3. Re: Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

We got ours this morning too! Richard! I'm excited! We leave Monday morning!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
98 reviews
4. Re: Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

Hey Casey we had Richard too, wonder if it's the same guy. Plus ours was a monday morning aswell!

Ontario
Level Contributor
52 posts
5. Re: Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

Got a notice today that no BAG is available for our trip

Maybe next time

Texas
Level Contributor
6,744 posts
219 reviews
6. Re: Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

Congratulations CMST and Casey! I can't wait to hear about your day. :D

Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
78 reviews
7. Re: Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

Congratulations, you must be excited, we are still waiting to hear if we are lucky enough to be assigned one. We arrive in New York on the 2oth May, not long to go.

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

we really enjoyed ours on wednesday. His name was Karl and he was a retired school principle from Brooklyn. he took us to Brighton Beach and Coney Island and we had a great time!

He was super nice and had TONS of information about the area, the subway and food.

We really enjoyed him.

I would recommend the BAG program to everyone. It's a free service and you will learn a TON of stuff. They aren't allowed to accept tips, but we did buy him lunch.

He was a super guy and we will be keeping in touch with him when we go back to AZ tomorrow...**wipes a tear from her eye**

Texas
Level Contributor
6,744 posts
219 reviews
9. Re: Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

Hi K! Did you request Brighton Beach and Coney Island or was that Karl's choice? I can't wait to hear the details!

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Big Apple Greeter has Been Assigned.. Yippee

Hey teacher91,

I put my first choice as greeters choice and Brooklyn as my second.

When Karl met us at the hotel, he suggested Coney Island and Brighton Beach, cuz he grew up around there.

It was really great