We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grey Line hop on/off Discounts

Ontario
Level Contributor
52 posts
Grey Line hop on/off Discounts

Where would the best discounts to purchase the tickets?

Their web site is offering $5 if you buy on line.

I was told that you can purchase discount tickets at Newark Airport.

Would there be any discounts in any travel guides at the travel info centers.

I take the the clock starts the first time you board one of the buses.

PlanetX
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Grey Line hop on/off Discounts

We bought online--prompted by a special discount that popped up when we bought Megabus Tickets (coming from Boston), but then I saw them going at the same price on the Gray Line site itself. I didn't see them cheaper anywhere else. They give you a booklet that has discounts for other places---5- off a 25- purchase at the Times Square Toys R Us, etc.

When I bought the tickets (48hr 4 loops), we got a printout, which we brought to the Gray Line Hqs (8th ave, I think, around 49th street). There, we traded the printout in for paper tickets, which had the time stamped on them.

So...pick up the tickets just before you get on the bus.

I thought the tours were great. We had excellent tour guides. One was a former high school history teacher. Another was like Jerry Seinfeld. Very funny, not meaning to be. They were all very knowledgeable and interesting. Quite nice.

I enjoyed the commentary and the history. I never knew Brooklyn played such a big role in the underground railroad.

I've visited the City before without taking a tour and while that can be fun, I found it very helpful to have someone explain the history and to physically see where the n-hoods connect and where the subway stations are located.

2. Re: Grey Line hop on/off Discounts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 10:08