We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park South or James Nomad?

los altos...
4 posts
Park South or James Nomad?
Save

I’m having a difficult time deciding between these hotels. Looking for something “hip” (but not too hip, as in only filled with young people). Loved the Refinery Hotel, but too much during the Christmas season. What is important is a room with a larger window and ideally a view of some city lights, not a super small room and bathroom and a bar and or restaurant that is open. Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Greater Sydney...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,730 posts
20 reviews
75 helpful votes
1. Re: Park South or James Nomad?
Save

They're both not far apart, only a five minute walk but the James NoMad may be a little busier because it's on Madison Ave.

Take a look at the traveller photos under the reviews for each hotel. These show undoctored photos from travellers, not the jazzed up photos on the hotel's website. The traveller photos can show exactly what they're like when you're actually there.

For dining, the James NoMad has Scarpetta (an excellent Italian) and the Bourke Street Bakery on site and open.

The Park South has not yet opened their onsite restaurant but will do by the end of the year.

I think I would choose the James NoMad.

But if they're both cancellable reservations, you still have time to decide either way.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
1,10,556 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
2. Re: Park South or James Nomad?
Save

I think it depends on what room type you book at both hotels. Some of the rooms at both are small and neither will have great views. Neither fit what you want imo. Look at photos of both on

Oyster.com

Edited: 18 October 2021, 08:09
Reply to: Park South or James Nomad?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.