We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day itinerary Thoughts?

Level Contributor
16 posts
3 day itinerary Thoughts?
Save

Girlfriend and I will be in NYC for 3 days next week and wanted feedback on itinerary:

We are In town for sightseeing. Enjoy exploring(walking), good food, speakeasy/rooftop bars

-Hotel in Financial District

Thursday:

Arrive early JFK

9/11 Memorial

Battery Park

Wall Street

Katz's

Walk Brooklyn Bridge, maybe grab a drink in DUMBO

Visit Chinatown

Dinner in Little Italy- any recommendations?

Drinks

Friday:

Friends experience

Circle Line Landmarks Boat Tour

Dinner

Broadway show(already have tix)

Times Square

Saturday:

High Line

Central Park

Empire State Bld/Top of the Rock( explore midtown)

Dinner/drinks

Sunday:

depart from LGA midday

This seems like a reasonable schedule , anything we should add? Is there anything to do near LGA while waiting before a flight out? Bar reco's?

4 replies to this topic
Sweden
Level Contributor
4,732 posts
41 reviews
35 helpful votes
1. Re: 3 day itinerary Thoughts?
Save

Little Italy in Manhattan is nowadays a very small area, practically engulfed by Chinatown. There are some Italian restaurants there and while some may be better than others, I'd say it's likely that you find even better ones or at least more to choose from if you're willing to dine elsewhere. I hope others have some recommendations since it's been a long while since I've had a meal in that area - I love Italian food but have frequented elsewhere mostly.

I like Felice on Gold Street in the Financial District - took Risa's recommendation a few trips back and highly enjoyed it. Just mentioned that one since you are staying in the Financial District.

Keste has an outpost in the Financial District (the remaining one I believe) if you want pizza.

There are some good ones in Tribeca as well, if you feel like meandering through that area on your way back to the hotel.

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,601 posts
67 reviews
85 helpful votes
2. Re: 3 day itinerary Thoughts?
Save

I like Industry Kitchen for pizza & it is a great place for drinks too. For Italian food their is Gigino's in Wagner Park with a view of the statue of Liberty. For really Good Italian food in a small place, Lupa on Thompson St in the West Village is good and then there are several bars a block or two up on Bleeker St (between 6th Ave & Thompson St).

Also, the central Park Boat House is a favorite for lunch when visiting central park.

Safe travels!

Edited: 18 October 2021, 04:40
Hungerford, United...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
80 reviews
104 helpful votes
3. Re: 3 day itinerary Thoughts?
Save

If you like speakeasies, you can do a speakeasy walking tour - we did two with Alex's Tours. They tell you lots about the history of new york, prohibition and speakeasies. You go into a few of them (drinks not included and then can always go back to ones you liked or didn't go into. Anyway, some of the ones we liked (not sure if they're all still open since covid) are:

Employees only

The garrett

Bathtub gin

Little Branch

Beauty & Essex

New York City, New...
9 posts
1 review
4. Re: 3 day itinerary Thoughts?
Save

I think your itinerary sounds good. You might want to do Central Park in the morning and then continue with your other plans on that day since it is pretty big.

As far as eating in Little Italy, it's an experience but there are so many better Italian restaurants in the city. Such as Lupa, Locanda Verde and Malatesta. Definitely checkout Rocco's on Bleeker Street for some of the best Italian pastries. Also if you want to eat near Little Italy there's an amazing traditional Chinese restaurant: Hwa Yuan Szechuan. Really good.

Reply to: 3 day itinerary Thoughts?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.