We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Save

Hello- Will be in NYC Nov 10th -Nov12. looking for a hotel with a cool lobby bar and a restaurant that is open! Usually like the MichelAngelo but it is currently closed!! thanks!!

12 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
10,816 posts
41 reviews
73 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Save

I don’t know what hour budget is, but Tom Collichio reopened Temple Court at the Beekman Hotel. There is also a lighter bar w a nice menu in the lobby. Very hip. Felice at Gilt Hall is open, moderate Italian restaurant. Nice bar scene. Both in the financial district, where I live, so I have been to both recently.

Bellini at Mr C at the Seaport is also open and good. I’m sure there are so so so many more. Just naming ones I’ve been to recently.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Save

Thanks!

Sweden
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
41 reviews
35 helpful votes
3. Re: Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Save

Apparently, the restaurant a Tthe Smyth in Tribeca is bound to reopen soon. The space is nice - or used to be at least - I don't know if it's been remodelled.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
1,10,599 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
4. Re: Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Save

The Michelangelo is accepting reservations for your dates but it doesn't say anything about the restaurant or food. The restaurant and rooftop bar at the Refinery hotel in midtown appear to be open.

https://www.refineryhotelnewyork.com/dine-and-drink/parker-and-quinn/

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Save

👍

Greater Sydney...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,744 posts
20 reviews
75 helpful votes
6. Re: Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Save

The Evelyn Hotel has a really nice bar, an on-site restaurant, an on-site bakery and a big lobby lounge. The location is excellent too, in NoMad, a great neighbourhood.

I've eaten at the restaurant when it was known as something else (pre-covid) and could see the bar from there. It looked really nice.

https://www.theevelyn.com/eat-drink

The New York Edition also has an on-site restaurant and a lobby bar. It's a modern hotel in a very pretty location overlooking Madison Square Park. It can be expensive though so I don't know if it would suit you.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/nyceb-the-new-york-edition/

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Save

Thanks for all the good ideas!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
398 posts
12 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Save

We normally stay in the Kixby (previously Hotel Metro) and before lockdowns, possibly before, they were just finishing off the bar. We’re coming back for Thanksgiving and the pictures look fantastic.

Great location as well, 2 min walk to 33rd street station, close to the shops and great pubs!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
10,816 posts
41 reviews
73 helpful votes
9. Re: Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Save

While there are many hotels that have a restaurant attached, almost always; there are better restaurants within a block or two. If you are concerned about having a place to go to when you come “home”, pick your location and then ask for suggestions nearby. The places I mentioned have excellent restaurants. But that’s not always true for hotel restaurants. In many cities, a restaurant for hotel guests is a necessity. Not so in NYC

Greater Sydney...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,744 posts
20 reviews
75 helpful votes
10. Re: Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Save

The Moxy East Village has a newly opened restaurant called Cathedrale which looks pretty spectacular (it has French/Mediterranean food). It's run by the TAO group. Eater recently wrote about it. There's also a lobby bar and a rooftop bar.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/nycot-moxy-nyc-east-village/

https://ny.eater.com/2019/9/13/20864592/cathedrale-moxy-east-village-restaurant-opening-details

The Moxy is very modern and very different to the Michelangelo though. And a completely different neighbourhood vibe. Rooms are pretty small too.

I remembered this thread after another poster wrote about the Moxy.

Reply to: Hotel with open Restaurant/Bar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.