We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Service

Palm Coast, Florida
Destination Expert
for Flagler Beach, Palm Coast
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
275 reviews
82 helpful votes
Car Service
Save

Any recommendations for a good deal on a car service? LGA to near Empire State Building. We dont want a taxi.

11 replies to this topic
USA
Level Contributor
22,152 posts
27 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Car Service
Save

Taxi is really easy and reliable.

You can try Dial 7 or Carmel, both are big outfits that are used often.

Palm Coast, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
275 reviews
82 helpful votes
2. Re: Car Service
Save

Always used Carmel. However on TA and others reviews lately are terrible. I see Dial7 also has more bad than good reviews.

Edited: 16 September 2021, 02:35
3. Re: Car Service

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2021, 13:42
Edited: 16 September 2021, 13:42

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
2 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: Car Service
Save

I would advise a taxi.

I frequent Carmel limo and Dial 7. Unfortunately, lately the only cars available are on the more expensive side.

The last time I tried to reserve car service from the above; I was quoted $68.00 from the UES to Penn Station. It was not even rush hour.

I do not know if this is intentional, if people are using car services more or if there is another reason.

When in the city and need a taxi; the curb app has worked well for me.

Palm Coast, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
275 reviews
82 helpful votes
5. Re: Car Service
Save

Thanks for the response.

Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
6,073 posts
32 reviews
16 helpful votes
6. Re: Car Service
Save

We have used Carmel for many years, and still use them regularly (as recently as a few days ago). I can highly recommend them, based on personal experience.

www.CarmelLimo.com

Better if you book airport trip at least a day in advance, and not wait until just before you have to go.

Sometimes they do not have cars available at the last minute at busy times.

(And they are much busier these days doing local trips within the city for folks who do not feel comfortable taking the subway right now.)

Palm Coast, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
275 reviews
82 helpful votes
7. Re: Car Service
Save

I hear you but it is difficult to go against the reviews. There are many!!!!!!!!!

Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
6,073 posts
32 reviews
16 helpful votes
8. Re: Car Service
Save

Sure, I understand if bad reviews deter you.

I can only speak of my own personal experiences and those of family members & friends who have also used Carmel for years…and we continue to find them very dependable.

As I said in my previous post, you have more options if you reserve with them in advance — eg, more likelihood that the least expensive vehicles will be available for when you want to go. That’s why I book at least a few days in advance for airport trips.

Coincidentally, I’m taking Carmel to LGA very early tomorrow morning, and booked that a week ago. No problem reserving a “standard” vehicle instead of “luxury” car. There have been times when I wait to book until last minute and they only have the higher-priced options available. But if anything that’s my fault for not booking sooner, certainly not their fault for being busy and not having every option available all the time.

Up to you what you feel comfortable doing; but I should also point out that those regular customers who have used them for years don’t normally take the time to be posting positive reviews each time we use them. Apparently we should…..

Edited: 17 September 2021, 03:50
Palm Coast, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
275 reviews
82 helpful votes
9. Re: Car Service
Save

Thanks I booked them today.

Greenwich Village...
Level Contributor
6,073 posts
32 reviews
16 helpful votes
10. Re: Car Service
Save

Now I’m going to worry about you….😎

But then again tomorrow will be my second Carmel airport trip in a week, coming home from LGA & heading back to LGA tomorrow.

(& my husband used Carmel to go uptown for doctor’s appt the day before yesterday)

So bon voyage, hope you’ll come back & let us know how it goes…..

(& now I also feel guilty I don’t usually bother to write good reviews each time I use them.)

Edited: 17 September 2021, 04:12
Reply to: Car Service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.