We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank of America Museums on Us this Weekend

United States
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
Bank of America Museums on Us this Weekend
Save

This coming Saturday and Sunday, September 4 and 5, is a Bank of America Museums on Us weekend. You can get into participating museums without charge by showing your B of A card and photo ID. Participating museums in NYC include the Met and the Whitney. More info on the Museums on Us website.

4 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
49,609 posts
1,306 reviews
351 helpful votes
1. Re: Bank of America Museums on Us this Weekend
Save

Funny you should mention these. We are at the Whitney tomorrow and at the Met on Sunday thanks to this program. Did the Intrepid last time we were in town.

USA
Level Contributor
22,083 posts
27 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: Bank of America Museums on Us this Weekend
Save

They've been doing this for years, nothing new. They change museums from time to time, adding and removing. The Intrepid for example was added a few years before the pandemic started.

Here is the information, it's also not just this weekend, it's every first full weekend of the month:

https://about.bankofamerica.com/en-us/what-guides-us/arts-and-culture/partners.html#fbid=9V6LkYStfe7

United States
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
3. Re: Bank of America Museums on Us this Weekend
Save

Note that the B of A rules say it is first full Saturday and Sunday of month. Didn't say anything about Monday of holiday weekend. Actually, I double checked that on their site and didn't see anything about it, so no guarantee any museum would extend that to the Mon (to the extent they are actually open Mon; some aren't).

I didn't mention this because I thought it was a wonderful new thing, I'm not a fool; I've been a B of A cardholder for decades, have known about it from beginning, and think I have mentioned upcoming weekends here before. I just thought that with more people traveling right now, esp people from outside NY who have to pay to get into Met, it was worth mentioning as reminder.

Boston...
Level Contributor
49,609 posts
1,306 reviews
351 helpful votes
4. Re: Bank of America Museums on Us this Weekend
Save

Whitney allowed us in 15 minutes early. Very well masked in line and inside.

Met we had 10AM reservations, which is when they opened the doors. We were approx 150th in line and were inside in 10 minutes or so. They asked to see our BoA cards, the Whitney did not and I don’t think the Intrepid asked back in July.

Reply to: Bank of America Museums on Us this Weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.