We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TOTR entry time

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
TOTR entry time
Save

Hi, our hotel checkin is at 4pm in TS and we would like to go to TOTR at 5pm. I am planning to buy tickets in advance but my concern is if we get late by 30/40mins for whatever reason and it is sunset time, do we still get to enter or do we have to pay extra fee for it?

2 replies to this topic
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
22,256 posts
27 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: TOTR entry time
Save

Any attraction where you have to be at a given place at a certain time on your arrival day is tricky if you're flying in. You never know when you will run into flight delays.

Greater Sydney...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,364 posts
20 reviews
75 helpful votes
2. Re: TOTR entry time
Save

I think they have a leeway, not sure how long though. If you're 10-15 min late you might be fine but if you're half an hour or more they may make you wait until there's a lull in visitors before letting you up. I don't think they'd make you pay extra, but you should contact them to confirm.

Sunset time is a very popular time, when is your visit? If it's a few months away then 5.00pm will coincide with sunset and it will be busy. You might have less luck going up on arrival if you're late.

If you haven't already bought tickets then I'd buy tickets for a later time, say around 5.30pm - 6.00pm.

And when you're checking in and running late, just drop your bags at the hotel and check in when you get back from TOTR. The hotel will hold your bags if you explain the situation.

Note you will need to get from the hotel to TOTR and if it involves the subway allow extra time.

Reply to: TOTR entry time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.