We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finally coming back

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
finally coming back
Save

My daughter and I are coming in on Friday night 9/10 and leaving Monday night. We have reservations at The Lexington - which seems like a fine location for us. We love to walk and take the subway. I know it's the 9/11 weekend and since we've been to the memorials a few times- we won't venture down this time. We usually have lots of plans made but this time I think we will "wing it"!! Any ideas are greatly appreciated- we haven't been in two years- we've done most tourist things already. Oh- there's a wedding coming up so shopping for a MOB dress is on a short list!! Ideas?

15 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
10,399 posts
41 reviews
73 helpful votes
1. Re: finally coming back
Save

Do you like museums? Cultural activities? Sports? It’s really hard to just guess what you may like.

As far as shopping, need an idea of budget and style. (I would bet that my first choices for shopping may not be yours). Little Island has opened since you were last here. And there are two Immersive Van Gogh exhibits that have been very popular.

What did you enjoy the last time you were here?

Perhaps read some trip reports to get some ideas. But if you give a bit more info on your interests, it would be easier to make suggestions.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
50,959 posts
756 reviews
248 helpful votes
2. Re: finally coming back
Save

" We usually have lots of plans made but this time I think we will "wing it"!!"

So what are you interested in doing?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
22,291 posts
27 reviews
9 helpful votes
3. Re: finally coming back
Save

If you are a "say yes to the dress" fan I'd make an appointment to look at dresses at Kleinfeld's. They are very expensive so don't go in thinking you'll buy but just for the experience. I have a friend who went there shopping for her wedding dress & actually made it onto the show but it was obvious when I saw the episode that she had no intention of buying a dress there but it was an experience.

Level Contributor
1,332 posts
1 review
4. Re: finally coming back
Save

Making an appointment with a consultant (who works on commission) just for funsies, with absolutely no intention of purchasing, is rude.

Edited: 29 August 2021, 19:02
Boston...
Level Contributor
49,656 posts
1,309 reviews
353 helpful votes
5. Re: finally coming back
Save

Little Island and the Ferris wheel in Times Square are new attractions

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: finally coming back
Save

Thanks for all the help suggestions!

Probably not Kleinfelds- although I love the show!!! Looking for mother of the bride!!

We’ve been to lots of the museums- saw the Van Gogh - might go again!!!

Just glad to be coming back!! We’ll probably just wander….!! Something fun around every corner!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
11,480 posts
18 reviews
136 helpful votes
7. Re: finally coming back
Save

This was posted a little while back . did you see this? New Ferry routes :might be fun when you’re wandering …

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k10408635-New_ferries_to_South_Brooklyn_Rockaways_Astoria_and_more-New_York_City_New_York.html

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
11,480 posts
18 reviews
136 helpful votes
8. Re: finally coming back
Save

This is the link i meant to attach the one @7 is 4 years old. 😯

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k13646632-o10-New_ferry_route_Midtown_West_to_Staten_Island-New_York_City_New_York.html

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
1,10,049 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
9. Re: finally coming back
Save

Go to Nordstrom for a dress. Have fun!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
7,101 posts
101 reviews
94 helpful votes
10. Re: finally coming back
Save

For the dress, I would check Saks Off Fifth or even Saks itself which usually has a floor with sale items.

As a new place, you might want to check out Citrovia which is really nice to look at and take a load off your feet for a few minutes (https://secretnyc.co/citrovia-nyc/)

I was there last weekend and one place I forgot to check out is the Elizabeth Street Garden (I'll go back): https://www.elizabethstreetgarden.com/

In Central Park, there is new monument on the Mall called the Womens Rights Pioneers: https://www.centralparknyc.org/locations/womens-rights-pioneers-monument

One more option is a visit to the MET's rooftop to see the blue big bird and there is also a nice Tiffany Egg collection.

Reply to: finally coming back
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.