We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with this itinerary

Minnesota
Level Contributor
250 posts
294 reviews
158 helpful votes
Please help with this itinerary
Save

Thanks everyone for the help you have provided! I have booked flight and hotel, also planned out what to do for each day, I would like to hear your feedback. This will be my first time visiting New York, please help checking if the subway I am going to take is right.

Day 1 Tue 28 Sep

Fly into LGA. Arrive around 11am.

Taxi to hotel Intercontinental - New York Time Square

Lunch at An'nam. Buy water and some fruit from The Food Emporium & Amish Kitchen

Take subway 1 to battery park, visit Charging Bull, New York Stock Exchange, The Federal hall, Trinity Church, St. Paul's Chapel, World Trade Center Oculus , City Hall park

Walk to Chinatown for dinner

Walk through Brooklyn bridge to high st station, take subway C to hotel.

Day 2 Wed 29 Sep

Leave at 7:30am, Take subway 1 to battery park for Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island cruise at 8:30 am.

Uber/taxi to highline entrance near Whitney Museum of American Art, Walk the highline to Vessel,

Lunch at Dim Sum Chelsea

Walk along 5 ave to see Flatiron Building, 1Empire State Building and New York Public Library, back to hotel

Dinner at OBAO

Aladdin at 7pm

Day 3 Thu 30 Sep

Leave around 7:30 am

Rockefeller Center/St. Patrick's Cathedral/Trump Tower/Pulitzer Fountain

Walk through Central park to the Metropolitan Museum, visit the museum

Lunch at Serafina Fabulous Pizza, go back to museum or hotel to rest

Top of the rock

Dinner at Los Tacos No.1

Day4 pick up a rental car and drive to Lincoln.

9 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
515 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Please help with this itinerary
Save

That itinerary is impossible. Each day you have almost enough things to fill a day yet that is just your morning. You will be running the whole time. For your Met visit, just eat at the Met. You are leaving to go somewhere not that special.

By the time you finish dinner in Chinatown, it'll be dark. Not sure that's the ideal time to do the bridge walk.

"Uber/taxi to highline entrance near Whitney Museum of American Art, Walk the highline to Vessel,

Lunch at Dim Sum Chelsea

Walk along 5 ave to see Flatiron Building, 1Empire State Building and New York Public Library, back to hotel"

You're backtracking too much. I would probably eat after you finish on your cruise. Though I wonder if you are visiting Ellis Island or just cruising by it?

I'm also worried that you are not buffering enough time for your Broadway show. You don't want to risk being late.

"Rockefeller Center/St. Patrick's Cathedral/Trump Tower/Pulitzer Fountain" why are you doing this in the morning and TOTR later that day? Start over in Central Park and the Met instead then do all those other things together.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
1,10,000 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
2. Re: Please help with this itinerary
Save

I agree your days are a bit ambitious. You may also be underestimating how tired you might get. Overall I would do the things that are most important to you in the morning when you're fresh. There are changes I would make that are more preference than right or wrong.

The ferry to the Statue is in the same area as the things you plan on your arrival day. I would try to do some of those on the same day rather than going to that area 2 days in a row. I also think you're going to be tired on day 1 having likely woken very early. So I would either plan fewer things on day 1 (maybe BRooklyn Bridge walk and Chinatown and save the rest for after the Statue) or do things closer to your hotel. You've got waaay too much on day 2 when you're going to the theater. Leave yourself time to go back to the hotel and freshen up.

One area you’ve totally left out is Greenwich Village which looks very different from the other areas. Most people love it.

Edited: 27 August 2021, 20:43
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
7,277 posts
19 reviews
44 helpful votes
3. Re: Please help with this itinerary
Save

I don’t think day #1 is that unrealistic - but as Whiz has pointed out, it depends on your energy level. It also depends on how much time you plan to spend at the various Lower Manhattan destinations. I consider most quick walk-throughs/walk-bys, but then, I live here…as a visitor you may want to linger.

I think that evening is actually a perfect time to walk the Brooklyn Bridge. Temperatures should be pleasant & you can admire the skyline all lit up.

I’d note that much of your itinerary involves walking outside, which is great - the best way to see & experience the city - but puts you at the mercy of the weather. A few rain/extreme heat “plan B’s” might be useful.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
250 posts
294 reviews
158 helpful votes
4. Re: Please help with this itinerary
Save

Thank you for your time and help!! :)

I have made changes to the itinerary based on your comments. Any suggestions are very welcomed!

Day 1 Tue 28 Sep do something near the hotel just in case I am tired :)

Lunch at An'nam.

Walk through Central park to the Metropolitan Museum, visit the museum.

On the way back to hotel, see Rockefeller Center/St. Patrick's Cathedral/Trump Tower/Pulitzer Fountain

Top of the rock

Day 2 Wed 29 Sep leave around 7:30am should be doable now :)

Take train 7 to Vessel, walk the highline to green village for Lunch

Walk along 5th Ave to see Flatiron Building, Empire State Building and New York Public Library, back to hotel

Dinner at OBAO at 4:45am

Aladdin at 7pm

Day 3 Thu 30 Sep visit this area in one trip, see the skyline all lit up with pleasant temperature. :)

Leave at 7:30am, Take subway 1 to battery park for Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island cruise at 8:30 am.

visit Charging Bull, New York Stock Exchange, The Federal hall, Trinity Church, St. Paul's Chapel, World Trade Center Oculus , City Hall park

Walk to Chinatown for dinner

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Please help with this itinerary
Save

Make sure to leave time to go the the 9/11 memorial. Also One World Trade Center is pretty impressive to go up and tour. IMO it’s a abetter experience to Empire State.

Level Contributor
72 posts
6. Re: Please help with this itinerary
Save

For Day 1, you won’t get to hotel until around 1:00. After checking in and leaving luggage you won’t be at lunch until around 2:00. After lunch and walk to Met you will not arrive until close to 4:00 and I think it closes at 5:00… check the hours. An hour is not enough time there to be worth it. Plan on 1.5 hours for Top of the Rock so how many other things you will be able to see will depend on how late of night you want to have.

Plan at least 4-5 hours for SOL and Ellis Island. Security, waiting for cruise and cruise itself takes at least an hour. Ellis Island is an amazing museum and will take at least 2 hours to properly tour. If you do museum at SOL too plan an hour for that stop.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
250 posts
294 reviews
158 helpful votes
7. Re: Please help with this itinerary
Save

Thank you everyone for your time and help! Looks like I'll have to change the itinerary again, I couldn't do everything I would like to do with limited time, so I'll visit this area again in the future. Please see below, does it look better now? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Day 1 Tue 28 Sep

Take train 7 to Vessel, walk the highline, then to Washington square park.

TOTR

Day 2 Wed 29 Sep leave at 7:30am

Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island

Financial district

Chinatown,

Day 3 Thu 30 Sep NYC in the morning leave 7:30 am

Central park

The Metropolitan Museum

Aladdin at 7pm

Edited: 02 September 2021, 07:00
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
871 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
8. Re: Please help with this itinerary
Save

Great itinerary, but looks super busy every day. Maybe schedule some time to rest (unless you are a very active/energetic person) or to recover from jet lag?

Looking forward to hearing your trip report. :)

Level Contributor
515 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Please help with this itinerary
Save

Looks good. :)

I don't think jetlag is going to be an issue. If they aren't morning people, the time difference should factor in but it's just a 1 hour difference.

Reply to: Please help with this itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.