We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr. C Seaport Suites- any input on your experience/thoughts?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
228 reviews
196 helpful votes
Mr. C Seaport Suites- any input on your experience/thoughts?
Save

My daughter will be getting married on the waterfront in DUMBO July of 2022. The wedding party/attendants including bride & groom will be under 25 persons, most likely closer to 20.

We've been checking into a number of hotels in that area or close on the Manhattan side. We'd like affordable suite, along with cheaper options for those who can't afford the splurge, a room large enough for the bridal party to get ready in and a bonus would be a suite that would allow us enough room to have a catered dinner the night before the wedding without breaking the bank and a space for cake cutting after the wedding ceremony and photos.

1 Brooklyn Bridge Hotel is in an ideal location with great views, but no balcony or terraced rooms, smaller rooms and super pricey. I've researched other hotels on the Brooklyn side and am not finding one that has all that we're looking for.

I think Mr. C Seaport Hotel may just be the perfect choice, but some recent negative reviews. have me a bit concerned. There are plenty of fantastic reviews as well. I've contacted the hotel inquiring about their Signature and Mr. C Suites asking if they had a website link that showed video room tours. The front desk manager was kind enough to offer to video each of the suites once the rooms are vacant and send them to me. That offer was greatly appreciated.

The Mr. C Suite offers -

Private 558 sq ft furnished wrap-around terrace with seating for 16 persons

w/ Brooklyn Bridge & East River Views

One Bedroom Suite

Sofa, two chairs, desk and chair

King bed 1.5 bathrooms l Bathtub

566 square feet

It seems like it's a clear winner for the following reasons:

1. accommodations for bride & groom

2. plenty of space for the bridal party to get ready, 1.5 bathrooms & terrace photo ops w/ BB views

3. outdoor/indoor seating space for a simple catered dinner the night before the wedding

4. outdoor/indoor seating space for wedding cake cutting/champagne toast after ceremony & photos

5. Good location for ease getting to DUMBO

6. Rates for smaller rooms are affordable.

7. $2,850 for two nights in the suite seems like a deal for all that it can be used for

So after all of that my question is has anyone had any experience staying here?

5 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
10,317 posts
41 reviews
73 helpful votes
1. Re: Mr. C Seaport Suites- any input on your experience/thoughts?
Save

I have not stayed there nor have I seen the rooms. However, I have been to the restaurant on the ground floor, Bellini, a number of times. The hotel and restaurant are both owned Cipriani. The restaurant is excellent, both food and ESPECIALLY, service. They're so nice and so charmingly attentive. It's the kind of attention one would want for a wedding party. Sounds like you researched your way into a good choice.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
1,10,000 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
2. Re: Mr. C Seaport Suites- any input on your experience/thoughts?
Save

I've not been to this hotel since it became Mr. C. Seaport. It was previously a Best Western I THINK built inside an historic building. I discovered it belongs to the group Leading Hotels of the World and they probably have more photos online than the hotel itself. Here,s the link

https://www.lhw.com/hotel/Mr-C-Seaport-New-York-NY-USA?rooms=1&numadult1=2&numchild1=0

I would be concerned given some of the reviews you referenced, especially in terms of service attitude. Given you don't live that far, I would hope you,d make a trip up to check whatever you’re considering in person.

You talk about a catered dinner. Are you planning on having the hotel cater it or were you planning on bringing food in from outside? If the latter, have you checked whether they'll allow it?

Are you sure that it's practical that the same suite could be used for all those things (getting ready, sleeping, dinner, drinks, cake) in such a short period of time? I think you,ll need at least 1 other space is not 2 for some of that.

There are so many hotels in Fidi. Did you check the World Center Hotel and the Club Quarters Fidi?

All the best of luck to the couple and your family.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
228 reviews
196 helpful votes
3. Re: Mr. C Seaport Suites- any input on your experience/thoughts?
Save

Thank you all for the advice and input.

The front desk manager went above and beyond delivering excellent customer service when she videoed the suite we were interested in and sent it to me. Here it is for those who may be considering Mr. C Seaport. https://youtu.be/4AYk9DrifRw

After much thought and research, again, we have decided that Mr. C Seaport is not the wedding property for us. It may have served the purpose for all of our needs, been in an ideal location for easy access to the ceremony site, but the room was rather drab and ordinary, though it was large and had BB views. Also, the concerning reviews actually became a blessing as we have chosen a different property, The Ludlow may be further away from the wedding site, be in a grittier part of the city, but it has character with a moody, chic vibe perfectly fitting for their vision of a hotel choice. The skybox loft room would be perfect for getting ready on her wedding day.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
1,10,000 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
4. Re: Mr. C Seaport Suites- any input on your experience/thoughts?
Save

Sounds great! Fwiw, the Bowery hotel and the Greenwich hotel have similar looks but I think the Ludlow will be great. Lots of good luck.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
10,317 posts
41 reviews
73 helpful votes
5. Re: Mr. C Seaport Suites- any input on your experience/thoughts?
Save

Great choice. Cool place.

Reply to: Mr. C Seaport Suites- any input on your experience/thoughts?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.