My daughter will be getting married on the waterfront in DUMBO July of 2022. The wedding party/attendants including bride & groom will be under 25 persons, most likely closer to 20.
We've been checking into a number of hotels in that area or close on the Manhattan side. We'd like affordable suite, along with cheaper options for those who can't afford the splurge, a room large enough for the bridal party to get ready in and a bonus would be a suite that would allow us enough room to have a catered dinner the night before the wedding without breaking the bank and a space for cake cutting after the wedding ceremony and photos.
1 Brooklyn Bridge Hotel is in an ideal location with great views, but no balcony or terraced rooms, smaller rooms and super pricey. I've researched other hotels on the Brooklyn side and am not finding one that has all that we're looking for.
I think Mr. C Seaport Hotel may just be the perfect choice, but some recent negative reviews. have me a bit concerned. There are plenty of fantastic reviews as well. I've contacted the hotel inquiring about their Signature and Mr. C Suites asking if they had a website link that showed video room tours. The front desk manager was kind enough to offer to video each of the suites once the rooms are vacant and send them to me. That offer was greatly appreciated.
The Mr. C Suite offers -
Private 558 sq ft furnished wrap-around terrace with seating for 16 persons
w/ Brooklyn Bridge & East River Views
One Bedroom Suite
Sofa, two chairs, desk and chair
King bed 1.5 bathrooms l Bathtub
566 square feet
It seems like it's a clear winner for the following reasons:
1. accommodations for bride & groom
2. plenty of space for the bridal party to get ready, 1.5 bathrooms & terrace photo ops w/ BB views
3. outdoor/indoor seating space for a simple catered dinner the night before the wedding
4. outdoor/indoor seating space for wedding cake cutting/champagne toast after ceremony & photos
5. Good location for ease getting to DUMBO
6. Rates for smaller rooms are affordable.
7. $2,850 for two nights in the suite seems like a deal for all that it can be used for
So after all of that my question is has anyone had any experience staying here?