We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steakhouse

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
243 reviews
232 helpful votes
Steakhouse
Save

Del Friscos Double Eagle Steakhouse or Prime? I heard Del Friscos is under new management and not as good. I adore their crab cakes or I have at other locations. I also love the Berries snd Bubbles cocktail at Ocean Prime. We are taking out daughter who lives there out to meet her new beau. Also considering Seafire Grill. Thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
1. Re: Steakhouse
Save

Don't know what you mean by new management at Del Friscos. It a chain, formerly publicly traded but then acquired by a PE shop a few years ago. Its fine and the crab cakes are probably the best thing on the menu. If you want to go out for steaks DF is not the best steakhouse in the City. Ocean Prime is ok too but not a steakhouse. Both are part of the corporate T&E rotation and I've eaten at both more times than I can count. Do you want a steakhouse or just a good restaurant that also serves steak? If that is the case, for the budget I would suggest Marea. The food there is better than either DF or OP and they do have a very nice dry aged steak available. The pasta is extremely good.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
2 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Steakhouse
Save

While I am not big on chain resturants; I like Ocean Prime. No complaints here.

However, I prefer Club A Steak House http://www.clubasteakhouse.com/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
9,566 posts
5 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Steakhouse
Save

Keens for me.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
232 posts
108 reviews
65 helpful votes
4. Re: Steakhouse
Save

Take a look at Smith Wollensky too:

https://www.smithandwollenskynyc.com/

I like their classic ambience and the Colorado Rib steak (big serving, bit pricey).

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
41 reviews
73 helpful votes
5. Re: Steakhouse
Save

I’m kind of confused. Do you want a seafood place or a steak house? If both, perhaps Carne Mare would work for you. It’s an “Italian chophouse” at pier 17, so also has an emphasis on seafood.

https://www.carnemare.com/

I don’t really understand the point of going to a chain restaurant in NYC. I’m all about going local rather than going to the NYC outpost of a restaurant you can go to at home.

(Caveat: I’ve only been to Carne Mare for drinks - I don’t eat meat. But it’s been well received).

Edited: 21 August 2021, 09:20
Reply to: Steakhouse
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.