We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter 2022

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Easter 2022
Save

Am cautiously thinking about a trip to NYC for Easter 2022 (we were supposed to be there July this year)

I have searched back previous threads and it looks like many things would still be open on Easter Sunday. It would only be a 4/5 night trip and I am keen not to have any lost days. But we could plan things like the high line for this day.

However i’ ve not been able to work out if Broadway shows would still be open on Easter Sunday? I believe Monday is usually the dark day? Thank you

5 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
1,09,987 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
1. Re: Easter 2022
Save

Many things stay open for Easter Sunday. Some stores close. Some shows may have an Easter matinee. Easter Monday doesn,t exist here, it's a regular day.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
22,244 posts
27 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Easter 2022
Save

Broadway shows run on an 8 shows a week schedule. The standard weekly run is to do 5 evening shows Tues - Sat & matiness on Wednesday. Saturday & Sunday. However, producer's can & do set their own schedules & schedules can & do change on holiday weeks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Easter 2022
Save

Almost nothing closes on Easter in NYC. Pretty much everything should be open.

Level Contributor
514 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Easter 2022
Save

If you will be there the days leading up, be prepared for crowds! Many kids have spring breaks that week so the more kid friendly activities can get very busy. If you aren't traveling with kids,never mind. :)

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
5. Re: Easter 2022
Save

Thank you , It would be me and my 16yr old daughter.

We’re tied to school holidays so Easter works well for us as my husband would be off work so my son would not be home alone.

I don’t dare book from the U.K. at the moment but I realise I’ll need to book everything in advance as much as possible. This trip was supposed to be on her 16th birthday, it will actually be much nearer her 17th by the time we go!!

Reply to: Easter 2022
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.