We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) still opened?

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Is Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) still opened?
Save

Hi,

I plan to visit NYC and park at Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) which is near St George Ferry. I was able to park here twice before covid. Someone mentions that this garage is closing. Can someone in NY confirm this. I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

8 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
185 reviews
57 helpful votes
1. Re: Is Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) still opened?
Save

I don't believe it is. I think you have to park at the outlet mall parking garage instead, which is actually closer and more convenient to the Staten Island Ferry, if that's your destination.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
185 reviews
57 helpful votes
2. Re: Is Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) still opened?
Save

There's also a parking garage a couple of blocks up the hill from the ferry, the courthouse garage.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Is Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) still opened?
Save

Thanks all. I see that outlet mall parking garage costs higher than New York Wheel garage, but it's still lower than parking in Manhattan which I really don't want to drive to. I think courthouse garage is not opened 24 hour, but I'll double check.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
18 reviews
136 helpful votes
4. Re: Is Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) still opened?
Save

Outlet mall SI garage last I used it (2019) closed at 12 midnight.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
185 reviews
57 helpful votes
5. Re: Is Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) still opened?
Save

CaminoMundo you make a good point about doing anything on Staten Island: confirm that the place is actually open, and the hours are what you think they are. Many "tourist attractions" have limited days of operation, as well as hours. Don't assume anything is the same as it was whenever the last time you were there. Also the public transportation from ferry, to train, to bus, is severely cut back on weekends, holidays, and even overnight. Not like the rest of the city at all. Right now the ferry is only running once an hour overnight, despite it literally being written into law that we have half hour service at a minimum.

Edited: 14 August 2021, 05:30
Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Is Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) still opened?
Save

so, I guess the info about Outlet Mall garage info on google map is not correct then since it said the garage open 24 /7. In that case, is it possible that I can leave car overnight? I will have to leave car for 3 days and will pick it up during daytime. Thanks.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
18 reviews
136 helpful votes
7. Re: Is Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) still opened?
Save

Check their website or call to see if you can reserve your 3 days. I couldn’t reserve anything past midnight when I did it in 2019 oct and when I went to retrieve my car at about 11 pm the place was almost empty.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Is Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) still opened?
Save

Thank, I'll give them a call to be sure, but the website allows me to reserve 3 days for $75...ouch.

Reply to: Is Impark (New York Wheel Parking Garage) still opened?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.