We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jfk airport duty free

5 posts
Jfk airport duty free

Hi i have a connection in JFK at Terminal 8 on wednesday. I wanna know what time the duty free shop opens because my flight leaves at 7am. I know there is one that opens at 5am in terminal 4, do i have time to go to terminal 4 and come back?Cheers

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,295 Reviews
from US$ 89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from US$ 175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
555 Reviews
from US$ 34.00*
8 replies to this topic
Queens, NY
Level Contributor
9,153 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Jfk airport duty free

If you have a ticket for Terminal 8, you will not be permitted past security at Terminal 4.

JFK is an odd airport - the terminals are all like separate little airports. Except for Terminals 2 and 4, you only have access to the terminal you have a ticket for.

5 posts
2. Re: Jfk airport duty free

:( do you know what times duty free closes and opens in terminal 8 i can only find information about the one in terminal 4. Or do you know a way i could buy from the duty free in LA im coming from sydney going to Montreal with 2 stops at LA and NY

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
3. Re: Jfk airport duty free

The duty-free in T8 opens at 7 am as well. There are locations within T8 at gate 2, gate

42, and in the main terminal shopping area.

https:/…

https:/…

Edited: 12 June 2018, 23:52
St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Jfk airport duty free

Does anyone know what terminal Delta flys out of JFK to Turks and Caicos? Can you buy liquor in the duty free shop and bring to Turks?

Thankyou!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,845 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Jfk airport duty free

Delta departs from terminal 2 and 4. Duty Free will sell the liquor, HOWEVER, it is your responsibility to determine if it can be brought legally into your destination!

St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Jfk airport duty free

Thank you and is duty free located "after" TSA and in both of those terminals?

Thank you!

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
9,153 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Jfk airport duty free

Duty Free is always after TSA, to prevent non flyers from buying.

I'm pretty sure there is no DF in terminal 2 - that's almost all domestic flights. There's one in the main hall of T4.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
45 reviews
8. Re: Jfk airport duty free

Is there a reason you need to bring in alcohol to TandC? It's available there and probably not significantly more expensive to necessitate bringing it with you.

https:/…liquor-stores

Reply to: Jfk airport duty free
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted