We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving dinner

2 posts
Thanksgiving dinner

Coming to NYC for Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. Staying mid-town. Seeking suggestions for mid-priced place for family Thanksgiving dinner.

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,283 Reviews
from US$ 89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
148 Reviews
from US$ 175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
554 Reviews
from US$ 34.00*
7 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18,583 posts
1. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Check opentable.com in advance to make reservations and see prices, menus and times for seating - since we don't know what you mean by mid-priced.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,618 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

It’s a bit earl for this year. You can see the discussion from 2017 here :

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763…

And definitely use real dollar amounts when asking about the price of things.

2 posts
3. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

I am hoping for $35-$55 range. Is that

realistic?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
3,069 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

For holidays, there are usually three course prix fixe meals, there will usually be a 3-5 of choices for the first two courses and 2 choices for dessert. Not sure what you are including in $35-55.

The price quoted will not include tax and tip or any drinks. So if you see a prix fixe cost of $45 (which would be on the low side, for sure, I would be thinking $55-$75 would be more reasonable for a holiday meal), add tax of 8.75% plus 20% for the tip. Wine by the glass is usually $9-18 or more, cocktails can be anywhere from $11 and up.

Restaurants will start announcing their offerings in October, unless you want to go to one of the top restaurants which may book earlier, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 08:02
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
5. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

You don't have your location in your profile, so not sure what you expect from a Thanksgiving dinner. There will be simple diners serving their version of Thanksgiving dinner plus their regular menus to the expensive restaurants with their spin on things. Best to check opentable. There is a filter function on the left side of their page where you can filter by neighborhood and price range. Sometimes with the prix fixe options beverage is included, but limited to coffee, tea, soft drinks. Also some restaurants may have children's options at a lower price.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
7,294 posts
51 reviews
6. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

The thread linked by IrishFan is “Thanksgiving 2017 in NYC: What to Do & Where to Eat” and you’ll find lots of ideas there for a meal! (It’s too early to update for this year, but last years recommendations are still good ones!)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18,583 posts
7. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

I would categorize your budget as modest - not mid priced - for a full Thanksgiving dinner - and yes, tax, tip and drinks would be on top of that. I'm sure you can find places for that price range - unless youexpect it to include everything - in that case I would say it's unrealistic ($55 minus tax, tip and1 glass of wine would be less than $30 for the 3 course meal and just one glass of wine per person).

Reply to: Thanksgiving dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted