We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

What I am planning on doing. Have I forgotten anything? Do you think I can fit anymore in?

Day One (17) Arrive late at JFK at 4.35 pm.

Day Two (18): Do two hop on hop off tours, one of Downtown NYC / Manhattan South and one of Uptown and Harlem. I will not be getting off the bus just doing the full circuit. To get a overview of the city.

Day Three (19): See Statue of Liberty, go inside the pedestal. (If time permits go to Ellis island). Walk from Brooklyn to city across the Brooklyn bridge.

Day Four (20: Go to 9/11 Memorial, Museum and One World Freedom Tower. If time permits see Wall Street Bull / China Town.

Day Five(21): Go shopping - mid-town. Look at Empire State building.

Day Six(22): Go shopping - see Radio City / Rockefeller centre. Look at Chrysler building. Go to Grand Central station, the Public library.

Day Seven(23): Go to Central Park. Go to the Plaza Hotel. Go to the Met (if time permits)

Day Eight: Do a movie tour, maybe go back to Central Park.

Morning of Day Nine: Fly out

One night go to a Broadway show, one night go to Time Squares and go shopping there.

17 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

Consider Circle Line cruise around the island. Spectacular.

I think on some days you have room to fit other things in. Go on desktop version of TripAdvisor and check out this link

https:/…First.Time.Visitors.html

Edited: 08 June 2018, 20:35
Sweden
Level Contributor
3,112 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

Add Brooklyn Heights and Dumbo before walking the Brooklyn Bridge back to Manhattan. Lovely views.

Do Times Sqaure the same evening you go to a Broadway show.

I think you're missing out on a whole bunch of interesting neighborhoods, such as Greenwich Village, East Village or Lower East Side.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

Of course, it is hard for anyone else to know what you've "left out" because we don't know what you love.....

I don't see Top of the Rock or the Empire State Building for a view.... Lincoln Center..... Roosevelt Island...... the Metropolitan Museum of Art....... American Museum of Natural History..... so many choices!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

Oh I forget to mention on day five or day six at sunset go to Top of the Rock.

Edited: 09 June 2018, 04:50
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
18,673 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

On your arrival day, 4.35pm is not late. By the time you get to the hotel it will be possibly 6.00pm-6.30pm. Not late at all.

You will be hyped up and excited, you might want to do something after checking in and freshening up. There could be something very close to your hotel that's worthwhile seeing or somewhere good to eat. Where are you staying?

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

Hi, we were in Manhattan last September and in my opinion posters looking for advice make the mistake of not mentioning exactly where they are staying.

TOTR lets you take photos of the ESB and Central Park.

Your arrival time is early, we arrived about 7.30 pm and friends about 11pm. My friend's wife went out exploring Times Square at midnight herself and the place was buzzing.

Down at the 9/11 memorial and museum people might want to explore Battery Park and its history.

Edited: 09 June 2018, 05:32
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

We are staying in the Queens borough.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

What time of the year is your trip? Makes a difference on when sunset occurs.

Your Day Two seems, to me, like a lot if time back to back just sitting on a bus. I don't think I could comfortably handle that. And what if the weather doesn't cooperate? Instead have you considered breaking things up a little and taking one of the night bus tours on your arriving evening?

Were you just planning to walk past the Empire State Building on Day Five and not go up? That too could be an activity for your first night. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother, but that's me.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10,471 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

Are you doing anything in the evenings. I think you have heaps of time to do those things that you have 'if time permits' next to on Day 3, Day 4 and Day 7. And break up your shopping when you're in areas that have shops you plan to visit.

Edited: 09 June 2018, 10:14
Clarksville...
Level Contributor
91 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please

Imclude either the Met or MOMA. Art by masters like Van Gough, Warhol, Monet, etc is so intriguing . I think missing these is like skipping the colosseum in Rome or the Smithsonia(s) in D.C. You haven't truly been there if you dont do at least one. You might also consider Central Park with the zoo. The Natural History museum is there as well, but it's dated and full of diorama after diorama. If you don't like museums, skip that one. Finally, There are "off Broadway " shows like Blue Man Group or Drunk Shakespeare that are fun as well. I'm grading to NYC again in 2 weeks. I love it!

Edited: 09 June 2018, 11:23
Reply to: 7 Day Itinerary - have I forgotten anything? Comments please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted