We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYMA Hotel New York

Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
NYMA Hotel New York

Hi,

I've found a well priced package deal online where we stay at the NYMA Hotel 6W 32 St.

Before I go ahead and book this, I was curious if anyone has stayed there themselves and what their thoughts were, I've visited the rooftop bar to this hotel and know that's nice but never stayed in a room, The location is superb so all the boxes seem to be ticked so far.

Also, i went in the summer so the rooftop bar was fine to visit, This time, i'm going in December so does anyone know if the rooftop bar will be open then? The website doesn't seem to say.

Thanks in advance.

7 replies to this topic
New York, New York
Level Contributor
13,211 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYMA Hotel New York

You could call the hotel about the rooftop bar.

Have you looked at www.oyster.com for photos? https:/…

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,005 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYMA Hotel New York

NYMA has a daily facilities fee of $32.50 . Generally this is not included in stated nightly room prices. Make sure you take that into account when you price compare.

NYMA is not a notorious dump but it is not one of the better loved budget hotels either. Whether this is a good deal will depend on your dates and what other htoels are charging.

Is the rate that is tempting you a flexible and refundable rate? It's early to lock into a non-refundable rate as many hotels don't publish adjusted pricing this far in advance. If your trip is during the latter part of the month (close to Christmas) I would not want to lock into anything non-refundable as price drops are common around that time period. Early Dec is the opposite. Typically very high demand and very high pricing, with last minute bargains less likely

Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: NYMA Hotel New York

Hi,

Thanks for the informative reply, The deal is a package deal with British Airways so yes it would be non refundable, I have since found a better deal in Park Lane hotel which has turned my head but the NYMA hotel is still an option, Would love to know if you have other budget hotel options?

Mentioned in this post
Park Lane Hotel
Park Lane Hotel
7,458 Reviews
New York City, NY
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYMA Hotel New York

The Park Ln., Hotel also has a resort fee. $36.00 Take that into account. The Parklane is nicer, rated higher by travelers then NYMA . Other than that I know nothing about the Parklane except it has a fantastic location.

I’m always looking for a quality hotel at a low price. But , NYma is not one I would choose. The prices don’t reflect the quality. Meaning, I think it’s too high priced for what you get. I also think the location is not great.

Is there any other hotels for British Airways Package that you are considering?

Edited: 18 June 2018, 03:08
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: NYMA Hotel New York

Hi,

Yes, There's the Watson, Paramount hotel, Times square & Wellington hotel. Do you know of more budget hotels for me to keep an eye out for please?

Mentioned in this post
The Watson Hotel
The Watson Hotel
4,674 Reviews
New York City, NY
Paramount Hotel New York
Paramount Hotel New York
5,424 Reviews
New York City, NY
Wellington Hotel
Wellington Hotel
7,500 Reviews
New York City, NY
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYMA Hotel New York

Personally, I would scratch the Paramont Times Square hotel off my list. I’ve never stayed. But, It has a lot of bad reviews here on TA . Too many problems in the reviews. I rely on the reviews here . I find them accurate.

Plus it has a resort fee.

Also, I didn’t like the look of the travelers photos of the hotel here On TA . I always check the travelers photos of any hotel I’m considering here on Trip advisor. Not the photos supplied by the management.

The Wellington, I have stayed at. I stayed one night. I really feel for this hotel you are paying for a fantastic location not for the quality of the hotel. The price is a little high for what you get. But it was clean , things were broken though and staff could care less about you. But if you like the price this one would probably be OK. There’s no resort fee here. I kind of feel the same about the Watson hotel although I’ve never stayed there but from my own research. No resort fee here either.

Have you looked at the Edison Hotel? It’s rated a little higher than the ones you mentioned. The Edison does have a resort fee of $21 per night. This one’s in the theater district. For me , it’s a little difficult to just mention hotels because you’re looking a package ...

Here’s one website you can check for resort go to resort fee checker.com

fees.http://www.resortfeechecker.com/hotel_resort_fees_new_york_ny.html

Edited: 18 June 2018, 19:26
Mentioned in this post
Times Square
Times Square
46,420 Reviews
New York City, NY
Wellington Hotel
Wellington Hotel
7,500 Reviews
New York City, NY
The Watson Hotel
The Watson Hotel
4,674 Reviews
New York City, NY
Edison
Edison
New Jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: NYMA Hotel New York

That is more than helpful, Thank you very much for your reply. I have stayed in the Watson before when it was the holiday inn. It was fine for what we needed, I will definitely take a look at the Edison and the link you've sent is very helpful thank you.

Mentioned in this post
The Watson Hotel
The Watson Hotel
4,674 Reviews
New York City, NY
Edison
Edison
New Jersey
Reply to: NYMA Hotel New York
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted