We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy access beaches- bay or ocean?

Milford, Connecticut
1 post
Save Topic
Easy access beaches- bay or ocean?

Hi, spending a week in Wellfeet this summer with extended family. Looking for advise on the best beaches to accomodate a stroller and older folks not up to the dune climb, thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,895 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy access beaches- bay or ocean?

Then I think you'll want the bay beaches. I like Duck Harbor and Indian Creek but I don't usually go to the others. You can drive around and see what suits you best.

Don't forget the ponds in Wellfleet. They're very good for children.

www.wellfleetchamber.com/BeachesHarbors.html

If you want the ocean, I think I remember that the NPS beach in Truro doesn't sit on a dune and may be more accessible.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy access beaches- bay or ocean?

ting, you are thinking of Head of the Meadow in Truro and you are correct that it does not sit on a dune. I agree that the bay beaches are more accessible than the ocean beaches. If the older folks can climb stairs they can also go to Marconi, an ocean beach managed by the park service. All of the nps beaches have stairs....except Coast Guard in Eastham, which has a ramp for the handicapped.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,895 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy access beaches- bay or ocean?

yellowbird, the name of the beach slipped my mind, and I was too lazy to look it up! Thanks.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,803 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy access beaches- bay or ocean?

Nauset Beach in East Orleans has both steps and a long, gentle slope of sand to access the beach at the main (by Liams) entrrance.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,803 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy access beaches- bay or ocean?

Also, Nauset has beach chair and umbrella rentals if you need them, real bathrooms and Liams, the beach shack that has something for every taste for lunch and/or dinner. Plus, this is one of the few beaches where there's plenty of parking so that you don't have to wake up super early on your vacation just to park your car at the beach.

6. Re: Easy access beaches- bay or ocean?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 04:45
Get answers to your questions about Wellfleet
More Wellfleet Topics