We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do when it rains

Patchogue, New York
6 posts
Save Topic
what to do when it rains

I am going to San Diego next week and I see that rain is on the forcast. What is good to do when its raining-other than the obvious like the museums?

Thanks for all your help

Bonz

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
899 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do when it rains

I hate to sound rude, but if you dont want to do the obvious things, what exactly would you call non-obvious? it doesn't rain here much. I dont like rain, so I stay inside when it rains. maybe you could do that? What would you do in New York?

PS, CA
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do when it rains

Thats not rude, I was wondering the same thing.

Movies? Go to a Mall? Sleep in and order room service?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
58,558 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do when it rains

Besides the obvious How about indoor ice skating? The mall at UTC has that or indoor rock climbing at a gym? You could still go to the zoo or sea world in the rain some of the stuff is indoors and if you bought an umbrella you might be the only ones at the outdoor exhibits which is kind of fun. We are so spoiled here that we are all having trouble with the idea of lots of days of rain. Just try not to drive on the freeways in bad rain because people here are so unused to it they think they can continue to drive at 70mph even in a downpour. Good Luck

San Diego
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do when it rains

Hmmm... Lets see. Eat and drink a lot. Catch a play. There is the Improv Asylum, Comedy Place in La Jolla, a few theatres. There is the Civic Theatre downtown and a few small theatres. Check out triple Espresso. Pretty Funny. There is a half price ticket booth at Horton Plaza for day of show tickets. Museums at Balboa Park. Go to Viejas and check out the outlets and gamble (30 minutes out on highway 8).

Patchogue, New York
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do when it rains

i meant that obviously i can do indoor things when it rains, but some of my plans are for outdoor activites such as the hornblower boat cruise and going to coronado and the beaches.

Has it been raining a lot there the past few weeks? When it rains does it rain all day or is it off and on.

I didn't think this would be considered a stupid question. Its my first time going to san diego and I am only going for a few days so I wanted to be able to see and do everything I could

Bonz

St. Johnsbury, VT
Level Contributor
82 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to do when it rains

In another San Diego forum, a native said the zoo is still great in the rain and it is less crowded.