We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any areas to avoid in Oceanside

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Any areas to avoid in Oceanside

We are a group of five adults and a toddler planning a trip to the San Diego area in September. We have seen a nice vacation home in Oceanside but wondered if there were any areas of the city that are unsafe and we should avoid? The home is near the pier on N Tremont Street.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any areas to avoid in Oceanside

I assume that you already know where Oceanside is located in relation to San Diego? If not its about 45 minutes north of downtown SD if there is no traffic.

Oceanside does have some bad areas, its a pretty tough military town that does have some gang issues. As far as exact areas someone else will have to give you that info. I suspect as in a tourist you will be perfectly fine, but if you havent booked the home yet, if you want to be way up north in that area I'd look just south of Oceanside in Carlsbad.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,596 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any areas to avoid in Oceanside

I would say that the area around the beach/bay is just lovely!

As you get away from that area you will find fewer nice restaurants/bars.

Most of your sightseeing will be 45min. to the south in the rest of San Diego County. Oceanside is at the northernmost edge of San Diego County.

3. Re: Any areas to avoid in Oceanside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2012, 12:46