We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we stay in Mission Beach or LaJolla?

bay area
1 post
Save Topic
Should we stay in Mission Beach or LaJolla?

My husband and I will be traveling with our new baby to san diego for a week vacation in July. We are trying to decide if we should stay in Mission Beach or La jolla? We have found nice condo's to rent in either place that are about the same cost wise and we will have a car to get around. I have heard that mission beach can get a bit shady at night? Any advice would be great --thanks so much!

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we stay in Mission Beach or LaJolla?

With a new baby, I'd pick La Jolla.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,010 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we stay in Mission Beach or LaJolla?

Just want to let you know that many of the condos with "La Jolla " in their title are not at the ocean.

Since everyone wants that upscale La Jolla address they are now adding it further and further inland.

I agree that La Jolla would be a nice area to stay.

Why don't you give us the address for some of the condos you are considering.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we stay in Mission Beach or LaJolla?

For it to actually be La Jolla the zip code should be 92037.

Level Contributor
35,724 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we stay in Mission Beach or LaJolla?

La Jolla is beautiful, I would stay there. Welcome to the travel forums and enjoy your time in San Diego with your little one! :)

5. Re: Should we stay in Mission Beach or LaJolla?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2009, 11:57