We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

OhioMac54
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

We will be visiting Boston the first week of August and the hotels we are interested in are $300 to $400. A lot of folks on this site have recommended LMT. We are wondering how far out from our planned visit, can we hope to find some of these higher priced hotels coming down in price on LMT?

OhioMac54
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

Sorry, I should have proof read my subject line. I meant to say "How" to use Last Minute Travel.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

This has to be the easiest site to use. If you sit down and click thru, you should master it in about ten minutes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,961 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

When are you planning to come? Most hotels won't reduce rates too early--why should they? But one or two months ahead you have a better chance of seeing good rates.

Prices vary by time of the year and what other things (conventions, holidays, events) may be going on.

Some of us here can help you identify LMT hotels. The photos they use are those on the hotel website, and they sometimes have the hotel name in a photo or the name of the hotel restaurant is listed.

You can always make a refundable reservation ahead of time, that you can live with--and try to find a better deal closer to your arrival.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,126 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

You can look now to get an idea about availability and then whether you book now or wait to see if prices drop is something only you can decide. M

Not all LMT hotels have the same cacnellation policy and some can be cancelled w/out penalty up to a few days ahead of arrival date.

In early August you should be able to find something in your price range assuming your group is 4 people or fewer.

If you tell us your exact dates and how many people who are in your travel group, somebody will check it out for you.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,835 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

Unless there are big conventions or other events on your dates, it is likely that hotel prices will come down closer to travel time. LMT is a great resource, but it's likely a bit too early.

OhioMac54
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

Thanks. I was hoping it would come down before August. Do you have any idea how far out before the prices would typically come down, i.e. a week out or a month out?

Will the same hotels that list on LMT also list on Priceline?

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,961 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

I would check bookings now, and check the cancellation policies on LMT in case something else comes up.

I don't know if these same hotels come up on priceline or hotwire. You can check biddingfortravel.com to compare.

OhioMac54
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

Thanks Ting. I hadn't heard of biddingfortravel.com before. I'll give it a try.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,585 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

I received a better price on LMT by calling than by booking online. The phone representative also confirmed the hotel's name before I booked. I'm not sure if they do that all the time, but it worked for me!

10. Re: Low to use Last Minute Travel when visiting Boston.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:46