We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotelss

2 posts
Hotelss

Hi

My partner and I are staying in Boston for three nights in September, first time there. I have narrowed my hotel choice down to two options in the theatre district;Courtyard Boston Downtown and Boston Park Plaza. Both are in the same price range. Can anyone advise which is the nicer hotel? Thanks

Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
671 Reviews
from US$ 94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
582 Reviews
from US$ 55.65*
Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,101 Reviews
from US$ 44.05*
9 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
22,344 posts
693 reviews
1. Re: Hotelss

Courtyard is new. Park Plaza is an old, historic hotel. Reports here have the PP with some very small rooms. I think the location of the PP is better.

Have you read the reviews here under the Hotels link on the top margin? It's unlikely you'll find anyone who has stayed at both properties to give you a solid compare

Boston
Level Contributor
7,334 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Hotelss

The Park Plaza was recently completely renovated. Its location is excellent. Yes, there are reports of some small rooms. You may want to call the hotel and see what type of rooms they have available and where they are going to put you. Then, again, you may not think a small room is much of a problem.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,402 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Hotelss

The Park Plaza adds a resort fee. It is an odd amount about $20-22 per day, I think.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
316 posts
4. Re: Hotelss

The Courtyard Boston Downtown is not new; it's been around for decades and gets good reviews.

I believe N_T is thinking of the brand new AC Marriott Boston Downtown, which is a misnomer since it is actually located in the South End, several blocks south and on the other side of the turnpike.

Steve

Boston...
Level Contributor
22,344 posts
693 reviews
5. Re: Hotelss

Was that Courtyard something else before? If it's the building where the Royale used to be (still is?) then you're right, I just didn't know it by this name

Boston...
Level Contributor
8,140 posts
6. Re: Hotelss

It was the Hotel Bradford, back in the old days. 275 Tremont.

I would choose the Park Plaza even if it was one of the small rooms. Better location, nicer hotel.

Edited: 16 July 2018, 03:19
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,860 posts
249 reviews
7. Re: Hotelss

The Park Plaza calls their smaller rooms "Petite Rooms." I stayed there years ago and my room was normal size.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,860 posts
249 reviews
8. Re: Hotelss

I was just looking at the Park Plaza's website. They changed the names of their rooms. The smallest room is now called "Run of House" (whatever that means). It is 150 sf and is recommended for solo travelers.

2 posts
9. Re: Hotelss

Thanks everyone for the feedback, very helpful .

Reply to: Hotelss
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted