We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn on Biltmore Estate... ok for kids ages 10 & 12?

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
511 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Inn on Biltmore Estate... ok for kids ages 10 & 12?

We will be in Asheville for only one night and would like to stay at the Inn on Biltmore. In fact, our whole purpose of going to Asheville is to see the Biltmore. Is this place ok for pre-teen kids or will we get dirty looks from other guests if they make any noise?

Thanks!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
511 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn on Biltmore Estate... ok for kids ages 10 & 12?

OK - no replies..... I think we will look at other alternatives given the price tag is now at $400 for this place and I am quite sure I can save the $100+ elsewhere now and use the money we saved for a really nice dinner somewhere! :) I like good food too!

Ohio
Level Contributor
730 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn on Biltmore Estate... ok for kids ages 10 & 12?

I opted for the same idea on our last trip to Asheville, saving less by staying elsewhere and using the money on a great meal. :-)

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
511 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inn on Biltmore Estate... ok for kids ages 10 & 12?

Yeah - I would love to stay at a really nice place like the Biltmore.... but have a hard time justifying the cost the more I think about it and was worried whether the kids would like it. Now my husband is trying to suggest we drive on to Johnson City that night and stay there instead of Asheville! Asheville sounds more charming to me!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Inn on Biltmore Estate... ok for kids ages 10 & 12?

I would stay downtown at The Indigo Inn. A beautiful new hotel within walking distance of downtown. Explore the downtown and have a nice meal. It is right off the interstate.

Ohio
Level Contributor
730 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inn on Biltmore Estate... ok for kids ages 10 & 12?

Yes, Asheville is charming and a great place to visit. Hopefully, you can convince your husband. :-) Since you have children with you, check out Mellow Mushroom Pizza. It's a fun, funky atmosphere with good pizza. My kids love it.

http://www.mellowmushroom.com/asheville/

6. Re: Inn on Biltmore Estate... ok for kids ages 10 & 12?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 09:46