We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delicate arch hike sunset or sunrise?

Seven Fields...
4 posts
Delicate arch hike sunset or sunrise?
Save

Aug 11, 2021, 3:36 PM

Save

When do you advise doing the delicate arch hike? we arrive mid day and was wondering if too crowded at sunset or sunrise. Is one less crowded and is better for pictures and enjoying the area.

3 replies to this topic
Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
1. Re: Delicate arch hike sunset or sunrise?
Save

Sunset is best here. It will be crowded at sunset.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
33 reviews
16 helpful votes
2. Re: Delicate arch hike sunset or sunrise?
Save

Both sunrise and sunset are busy. I have photos in my iPhone at 730am and 6pm and both times were busy at DA.

IMO that’s not the best looking arch in the park at all. It’s unique but not the most beautiful.

Do yourself a favor and hike to sand dude arch and double arch too. Less crowded and better looking IMO. Delicate Rock is impressive as well.

Edited: 12 August 2021, 03:01
Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
18,039 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Delicate arch hike sunset or sunrise?
Save

I e done both times.

Sunset is better because of you are facing east with la sal mys behind the arch makes great pics

Parking will be the issue.

You should get to the arch after the trail by an hr before sunset but this will filled with photographers and tripods set up. You need to be there earlier to get a good spot.

After sunset nany start to leave so you need a flash light.

Reply to: Delicate arch hike sunset or sunrise?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moab
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.