We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kitesurfing Instruction in Saipan?

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Kitesurfing Instruction in Saipan?

Hi! We are thinking of taking our vacation in Saipan - do you know of anyone that provides kiteboard instruction - with gear - in saipan?

Also, is the scuba diving good?

Thanks,

Kate

Mentioned in this post
Saipan
Saipan
Northern Mariana Islands, Mariana Islands
San Diego
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kitesurfing Instruction in Saipan?

Hi Kate,

I don't personally know anyone who does kite instruction out here in Saipan. I just got back from Boracay and I looked into it there - it is at least a 4 day program. So its definately not something you could be doing after just an afternoon of lessons. If you have that much time to allocate to it then I'd recommend asking at your hotels activity desk (the hyatt is a good place to start).

As to the scuba, Saipan is one of the top dive spots in the world. Our Grotto is commonly held to be the best underwater cavern dive in the world. We also have some of the clearest water anywhere with visibility up to 50 meters. There are several other dive spots, reefs and WWII wrecks that you can also dive. Its a three day course to get certified. You can message me if you want a great local guide, I'll send you his info.

Mentioned in this post
Saipan
Saipan
Northern Mariana Islands, Mariana Islands
Boracay
Boracay
Panay Island, Philippines
The Grotto
The Grotto
560 Reviews
Saipan, Mariana Islands
Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kitesurfing Instruction in Saipan?

Thanks for the info - I think we'll to either Boracay or Bali!

Mentioned in this post
Boracay
Boracay
Panay Island, Philippines
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
3. Re: Kitesurfing Instruction in Saipan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2010, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Saipan