We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary/Valentines

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary/Valentines

Hi

Am back in SF Area with the wife in Feb and it'll be our first annivesary (and just after Valentines.

Looking to have a getaway for a night away from the family.

A night stay and a super meal are the requirements.

I am really stumped for which direction to head. Will have a car but don't want to drive 6 hours each way.

Possibly as far as Santa Cruz or some where in Marin or Sonoma. (will be starting from Tiburon)

I know the weather will be less than ideal but somewhere coastal is preferable to inland.

Any ideas?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,423 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary/Valentines

I recommend Seal Cove Inn in Moss Beach. It's only 24 miles south of San Francisco, on the coast and is managed by the Four Sisters Inns. It's an English country manor B&B and would be a wonderful anniversary get-away. You can check them out by visiting foursisters.com.

Perhaps someone more local can help you with selecting a restaurant in that area.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary/Valentines

Looks great - interested to know if anyone has any local eatery ideas.

This looks just the style of place I'm after.

Thanks very much.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary/Valentines

BUMP!

(stayed at a foursisters inn in Napa - mixed experience!)

Happy New Year all and thanks in advance for more ideas!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,423 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary/Valentines

cornish_pastie..... just an FYI..... I've been reading that HWY 1 is closed between Pacifica and Half Moon Bay. If you decide on a trip south, you'll have to take an alternate route. Someone on another thread mentioned HWY 92 (?) to Half Moon Bay off a southbound freeway.

As for restaurants, I've read a lot of mixed reviews and found many satisfactory experiences at Pasta Moon.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary/Valentines

Kibblesmom said «I've been reading that HWY 1 is closed between Pacifica and Half Moon Bay. If you decide on a trip south, you'll have to take an alternate route. Someone on another thread mentioned HWY 92 (?) to Half Moon Bay off a southbound freeway.»

The following URL includes the primary Cabrillo Highway route and the secondary San Mateo-Half Moon Bay Highway route:

Driving Directions: San Francisco to: Pacifica-Half Moon Bay-Santa Cruz-Monterey/Carmel geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/DriveDir.html

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary/Valentines

Hwy is open from Pacifica to Half Moon Bay. Heavy rain could change that. There is a portion of Hwy 1 closed in Marin, but that shouldn't impact a trip south. Check here for current conditions

http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi

Pillar Point Inn might work. A great place to eat is Babara's Fish Trap, though it lacks romantic atmosphere. Perhaps a ride to Moss Beach Distillery for dinner.

http://www.jans-journeys.com/pillar/

Other suggestions on this site

www.mossbeachdistillery.com/lodging.html

7. Re: Anniversary/Valentines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 11:49