We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance btwn monterey and san simeon

new york
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
distance btwn monterey and san simeon

i need some help...how long does it take from san francisco to monterey,

monterey to san simeon and

san simeon to la?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: distance btwn monterey and san simeon

> san francisco to monterey

DRIVING DIRECTIONS -- San Francisco to: Pacifica-Half Moon Bay-Santa Cruz-Monterey/Carmel geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/DriveDir.html

> monterey to san simeon

About a hundred miles and two hours.

> san simeon to la?

About 235 miles and four hours.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: distance btwn monterey and san simeon

From San Francisco to Monterey is about 120 miles. If you take highway 1 along the coast it should take about 2.5hours. If you take US-highway 101 about 2 hours

From Monterey to San Simeon along the highway 1 coastal route is 96 miles and should take 2.5 hours

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: distance btwn monterey and san simeon

If you want the quickest route to Monterey: 101 S to156 West (be careful: you'll pass 156 East about 10 miles before you get to 156 West) to 1 S. With no traffic jams, it takes 2 hours.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: distance btwn monterey and san simeon

Monterey is about 2 hours from San Francisco and San Simeon about 2+ hours more.

San Simeon is 4 to 4-1/2 hrs from Los Angeles or approximately 230 miles. In my earlier post to you I recommended staying the night in San Simeon as you want to visit Hearst Castle. I figure it work out nicely for you in that it would put you halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles.

new york
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: distance btwn monterey and san simeon

thank you, everyone.

bjbert, i think staying in san simeon makes the most sense, and then doing hearst castle early...and starting our drive back to l.a....thanks.

6. Re: distance btwn monterey and san simeon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 13:48