We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something new at Ocean Beach

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,240 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Something new at Ocean Beach

For visitors to the Sutro Heights, Cliff House. and Land's End area, the National Park Service has opened a new visitor center. It's a replacement for one that existed years ago in the old Cliff House before it was renovated.

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi…

This article focuses more on the design and setting; the reporter is the Chronicle's architecture writer. As soon as I can get out there, I'll try to bring the visitor and NPS volunteer perspective and come back and tell what it's like. If someone beats me to it, I'll look forward to your TR.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Something new at Ocean Beach

Thanks for posting this, Frisco. I'm going to try to get out there when I'm visiting in two weeks.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something new at Ocean Beach

IMO it's rather cumbersome looking and is too far forward in the sight line ... it should be behind the parking lot.

But it's nowhere near as awful as the new visitor center at the GG Bridge.

3. Re: Something new at Ocean Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 14:47