We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at BART stations

Buffalo NY
6 posts
Save Topic
Parking at BART stations

I am looking to drive from San Jose, North, to a BART station. Can I park and Ride ?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,080 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at BART stations

Fremont station is the closest to San Jose. You can park there for $1 for the day. http://www.bart.gov/guide/parking/index.aspx

It is the end of the line going South, you might check the Fremont forum to see if locals know whether or not the lots fill up quickly.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at BART stations

BART keeps some spots that are available only after 10AM to keep commuters from completely filling up the lot. If you anticipate arriving before 10AM there is a way of reserving a spot ... see the link provided by sfimporter. And I would recommend doing so, otherwise the commuter section of BART lots fill up rather early..

sf
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at BART stations

You don't say where you're going but if its to SF. The closest BART on the Peninsula to San Jose is Millbrae, on the East Bay, Fremont

sf
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at BART stations

Oh I forgot, Millbrae is right off Highway 101, and has parking for $1 in a big lot.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at BART stations

San Jose is a pretty big place. You may want to use Fremont or one of the Peninsula stations, depending upon where you are starting.

If you are on the west side of San Jose, I generally recommend driving up the Peninsula on 280 rather than 101, as it's a much nicer drive. In this case, the easiest station to reach is San Bruno, which is just off 380 at El Camino Real. Besides being slightly closer to SF than Millbrae, during the week there are 2 train lines serving this stop.

If you are on the east side of San Jose, I generally recommend going to Fremont. It's a much shorter drive this way.

6. Re: Parking at BART stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 04:46