We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handicap accessible things to do in San Francisco?

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Handicap accessible things to do in San Francisco?

I'm not wheelchair bound but have very limited mobility. How to have a good sightseeing experience in San Francisco?

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,378 Reviews
from US$ 105.00*
Special Offer
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods, and...
2,653 Reviews
from US$ 61.20*
US$ 68.00
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods...
1,830 Reviews
from US$ 126.00*
6 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,840 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Handicap accessible things to do in San Francisco?

Where are you staying ? How do you plan on moving Around to say restaurants ? How long are you here. Thanks to the ADA most attractions are accessible

Perhaps a tour like Dylan’s can be a good way to see SF and then you can use MUNI or Uber to get around

Level Contributor
3,157 posts
1 review
2. Re: Handicap accessible things to do in San Francisco?

Several visitors have rented mobility scooters. That may be something for you to consider.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
3. Re: Handicap accessible things to do in San Francisco?

if you have a disability placard for car bring it with you you can park at meters free and close to everything,even on sunday when they shut some parking lots,muir woods is worth seeing,golden gate park near de young museum is a nice area,i used to like baker beach but its to crowded now,ocean beach is bigger so less crowded,its a nice walk fishermans waif, you couldwalk about a quarter of the way over golden gate bridge,i never see it metioned on trip advisor,hyde st pier has some old ships and its good for young or old

https:/…

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
21,258 posts
76 reviews
4. Re: Handicap accessible things to do in San Francisco?

For a tour, look into On the Level, they do city tours geared for the mobility-impaired. Although if you don't use a chair, any of the small van tours like Dylan's should also work. Even if they stop for a photo stop, you don't generally walk far, and you might even be able to stay with the van. All transportation except the cable cars is accessible. You can also use Lyft/taxis/Uber to get around.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
11,338 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Handicap accessible things to do in San Francisco?

"i never see it metioned on trip advisor,hyde st pier has some old ships and its good for young or old"

I'm not sure I would advise the Hyde Street Pier for anyone with limited mobility. A lot of those boats have some pretty steep stairways and ladders you need to go up and down if you want to see anything.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,123 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Handicap accessible things to do in San Francisco?

Agree with taking a small van your like Dylan's.

We have a relative with a mobility scooter who visits us many summers. She has a fabulous time each visit, both sightseeing and shopping (she loves Ross/Marshall's/TJ Maxx/Nordstrom Rack 😀).

Edited: 17 June 2018, 02:10
Reply to: Handicap accessible things to do in San Francisco?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted