We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
72 posts
41 reviews
UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

Does anyone know of a UK pub that does a decent Sunday roast in San Fran?

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,378 Reviews
from US$ 105.00*
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods...
1,830 Reviews
from US$ 126.00*
Special Offer
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods, and...
2,652 Reviews
from US$ 61.20*
US$ 68.00
27 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
1 review
1. Re: UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

Perhaps someone will come up with something but I'll say that a "Sunday Roast Dinner" doesn't spell U-S-A to me. I'm going out on a limb to assume you can get this at home every Sunday ...? Why not try something a little different while traveling?

But if you must, the closest I can come up with is Prime Rib. Definitely make reservations. And it's not "pub," it's expensive. http://houseofprimerib.net/

Not British but the Irish Bank is a more reasonable possibility: http://www.theirishbank.com/#irishbank

And while I'm always shy about restaurants in hotels: www.beresford.com/beresford/restaurant.htm

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
72 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

It's more of an 'in joke's going back to $hitty holidays in Spain etc but considering I have just spent the last 10 days eating chickens feet in Hong Kong and now eating fish tacos and sliders in Haight Ashbury then I reckon I have been "a little different while traveling" thanks.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,821 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

Try the cavalier. It is a SF restaurant with a heavy British influence. We don’t have the sort of pubs you have with dinners.

By the way one can get that in Hong Kong too

Edited: 10 June 2018, 06:20
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
1 review
4. Re: UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

So sorry I didn't get your "in" joke. Next time, let us in on it so I won't waste my time.

Have a great trip.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 07:25
San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
21,234 posts
76 reviews
5. Re: UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

I'm going to assume you mean the reason you want to do this is an 'in joke', not that your question was a joke. And you know it's a bit quirky, but for personal/humorous reasons, you want to do this anyway?

Given that, there's really not much for you to choose from... we just don't 'do' Sunday roasts here (in restaurants, anyway).

Madeline's suggestion is good, and I'd add another 'but' -- it's a dinner house, not a lunch place. And you'll need to book in advance.

The Cavalier would be more similar to a modern gastropub, but I don't see a Sunday roast on their menu. And they don't serve Sunday lunch, either. Thee Parkside supposedly does Sunday roast (according to an old thread on Chowhound), but I don't see any mention of it on their website. In fact, the only place I can think of is the Pelican Inn in Muir Beach (an hour or so north of SF).

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

Parkside Tavern might have what you want for weekend brunch. https:/…Parkside-Tavern-San-Francisco I dont remember all they have, but they have English and Irish foods like fish & chips, bangers and mash, cottage pie. At least one review said they got Sunday roast.

7. Re: UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 June 2018, 18:29

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,821 posts
149 reviews
8. Re: UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

In joke. The cavalier !! Cavaliers. Get it ?

GSW ate their lunch this past week ? Get it

Wink 😉

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
21,234 posts
76 reviews
9. Re: UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

Holodan is right, I checked the wrong Parkside in Post #5. Although I still don't see roast beef on the right Parkside's menu for either brunch or dinner. http://www.parksidetavernsf.com

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
30 reviews
10. Re: UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco

OP - in case you didn’t know, you just entered an irony free area.

Reply to: UK Sunday Roast Dinner In San Francisco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted