We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayflower Motel

Arkansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Mayflower Motel

We have reservations for the Mayflower Motel June 30 & July 1. Is this a decent motel in a decent area? Is public transportation nearby? Are there places to eat nearby?

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayflower Motel

You mean on Bush St? This is a hotel not a motel. But a well regarded budget hotel.

I’m perplexed as why you would book without knowing the area. It’s downtown SF. Yes there is transit and places to eat.

Now if you’re not talking about Bush St all bets are off.

Edited: 26 May 2018, 08:47
Arkansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayflower Motel

I meant Hotel, my mistake! We have a limited budget which was my reason for choosing it. I am also quite busy & haven't had a whole lot of time to do research. That's where I thought this travel forum would be helpful. I still have time to cancel my reservations if needed.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,204 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayflower Motel

Yes it fine Central area. Check out our top questions right side of the webpage

We are volunteers here and love to help but when a poster says they are too busy — it sounds kinda like a one way street — we are busy too

Arkansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayflower Motel

We also have an 84 year old who has some walking limitations - can't walk for long distances at a time. In your opinion, would this area be difficult for her? How close is the public transportation? Thanks in advance for any advice!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,204 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayflower Motel

Well getting to bush street is up the hilly part so you may want to stay in a more flat part of Union square or the Embarcadero

Level Contributor
2,954 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayflower Motel

There are a lot of hills in SF. With an older person with some mobility issues, you might want to choose a flatter part of town. Or be willing to grab a taxi or Uber/Lyft when needed.

Reply to: Mayflower Motel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted