We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pie Lady - Rte 3

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
925 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Pie Lady - Rte 3

Had to post a quick note. We stopped and picked up a blueberry pie to bring back home a couple of weeks ago. It was really really good. She had all kinds of pies and if you stop in the morning they are still warm!!!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pie Lady - Rte 3

She is open for business Wednesday through Saturday.

Castalia, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pie Lady - Rte 3

A couple of years ago there were two "pie ladies" along route 3. Anyone know if the other one is still there?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pie Lady - Rte 3

Pete1: "A couple of years ago there were two "pie ladies" along route 3. Anyone know if the other one is still there?"

To the best of my knowledge, there now is only one---she is located a little bit south of Eden Village and a little north of Belle Isle Motel.

As you might have guessed, the term "pie ladies" is nearly generic in downeast Maine---there is another near Bucksport who has been extolled by Linda Greenlaw in her cookbook.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
925 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pie Lady - Rte 3

I have to say - I am truly not sure why people even eat blueberries that are cultivated!!?? I guess if that's what you grew up on they taste fine to you but being a New Hampshire and growing up picking wild blueberries (yes, we do have them in NH also) I cannot even pretend to like the big blue cultivated tasteless ones.

In regards to the Pie Lady - if I can find someone that can bake a good pie I will buy in a heartbeat. I love to bake but pies can be such a pain that I wish I had my own local pie lady in NH!!

Central New Jersey
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pie Lady - Rte 3

There is also a "pie lady" who drives around the local campgrounds in a green taurus station wagon with her baked goods in the back. Her pies are good also but she uses a pre-made crust which is not as good as the Rt. 3 pie lady's, who makes her own crust. However, they are both good fillings and it's nice not to have to travel when you want a little "taste of Maine"!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pie Lady - Rte 3

Pie ladies may be a tradition around here. One of the better known, thanks to Linda Greenlaw, is the one in Bucksport.