We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of the day to get married?

Beaverton, Oregon
12 posts
Best time of the day to get married?

I am getting married in May of this year in Oahu. We are pretty sure it will be on Friday the 27th at Wimanalo Beach. I am unsure of the time however. I want to avoid as many people on the beach as possible. What time or different day would be good? I just dont want a bunch of people on the background of my wedding pictures. Thanks in advance!

7 replies to this topic
Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Best time of the day to get married?

Morning is the least windy and the least busy at the beach.Friday 5/27 is the 1st day that the public school kids are out of school for the summer, so the beaches may be busier than earlier in the week.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Best time of the day to get married?

From a photography point of view, morning or sunset is best. Mid day the light is too harsh and is not ideal for photo taking.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52,981 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Best time of the day to get married?

Your best bet would be in the morning hours. Not only will you hopefully miss the wind you could also miss the trade showers. When my son came to Maui to get married, they did it at 8:00am. Perfect!!

vancouver
Level Contributor
186 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Best time of the day to get married?

We got married at SUNRISE at Sandy Beach. The lighting was fantastic. Nobody in our photos but us.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
29,429 posts
5. Re: Best time of the day to get married?

Early would be better, but there may be rain showers from trade winds in the morning.

Toward sunset also OK, but the sun will disappear over the trees or mountains a good hour before sunset.

So if you get married in the afternoon, make it at least 2 hours before sunset. It starts to get dark early there.

Edited: 17 January 2011, 04:02
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
6. Re: Best time of the day to get married?

We just had a sunrise wedding in Waimanalo last week and it was gorgeous. There were a few people arriving at the beach as the sun came up, but they all kind of kept their distance, so we are the only ones in our photos. Sunset for Waimanalo wouldn't be possible because of the mountains. We had to arrive at about 4 am for hair and make-up, but since we had a 6 hour time change (we live in Ohio), we were up early for the whole trip anyway. Congrats!

St Clairsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Best time of the day to get married?

Getting married at 9:30am on friday, Dec 14th. Flying out of Pittsburgh tomorrow!! We were hoping that the morning was a good time for the wedding. Thanks for the posts.

Reply to: Best time of the day to get married?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waimanalo