We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Bay Villas

KristaRedmond
11 posts
Save Topic
Turtle Bay Villas

I am planning a trip for our family (six adults and a 10 month old) to Turtle Bay in the fall. Right now, we are considering renting one of the three bedroom or four bedroom villas. One interesting thing we've noticed is that while you can rent the villas through the resort, you can also rent the villas through private owners.

For instance, I found this listing on vrbo.com

http://www.vrbo.com/46539#comments

Has anyone ever run into problems going through a private renter?

Also, the private renter says that we won't have access to the resort pool- only the one at the condo. Is that going to put a huge damper on our trip and is it even something that is enforceable...or is it just something the private owner has to say? :)

Edited: 19 February 2011, 02:30
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle Bay Villas

The villas are kind of separate from the resort. So you won't have access to the resort pool.

But the villa pool looks good to me.

Plus Kuilima Cove there is sheltered with a breakwall & would also be OK.

And you can go to any restaurant at the resort.

scorchestra is the Turtle Bay expert on this forum. Hopefully she will jump on the thread.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle Bay Villas

You will NOT be able to use the resort pools if you rent thru the private owner. And yes, it is enforced. The pool is only for resort guests. You have to have a pool card and the TBR towels.

I've been at the pool when people have been asked to leave the pool because they are not supposed to be there.

If you main interest is to use their pools then stat at the resort.

Oahu, Hawaii
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle Bay Villas

I live at Kuilima Estates which are the older condos privately owned but on the Resort's grounds. Neither we nor the newer beachfront condos are allowed to use the main hotel pool but who cares? Our property has three pools, across the street has two and the hotel condos have a large private pool separate from hotel guests. And they are beachfront. The hotel wants all your business, all your paying business, so you are welcome at the restaurants, dayspa, activities such as surf lessons and the beauty salon. I know one owner who controls the rental of about 50 condos and his are absolutely the nicest (they have all been remodeled). Most othersare rather worn from what I have seen so be careful who you rent from.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle Bay Villas

We actually stayed at that condo just recently for a wedding and it was amazing. Highly recommend this condo. It was so beautiful and the view from the lanai was spectacular.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Turtle Bay Villas

The pool by the condo was more private and very nice. There was no problem finding a chair to sit at. I did walk around the pool at the resort and nobody said anything but I did not have a bathing suit on.

Mission Viejo...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Turtle Bay Villas

I have recently reserved a villa for June through Turtle Bay Vacation Rentals. Anyone have experience with this company? I see most of these postings are months old.

7. Re: Turtle Bay Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2013, 15:46