We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honua Kai walking distance to Whalers Village?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
202 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Honua Kai walking distance to Whalers Village?

We are thinking of staying at Honua Kai in January and I was wondering if it walking distance to the Whalers Village or any other type of shopping or restaurants?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Honua Kai walking distance to Whalers Village?

Perhaps others here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Honua Kai is quite far away from Whaler's Village (more than 1/2 hour walk, I would think). It's within walking distance to the Star Market, which is located in a strip mall with a few other shops. By the way, when we walked by last week, there was still a bit of construction going on along the beach front area in the Honua Kai complex.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honua Kai walking distance to Whalers Village?

Honua Kai has a great deli owned by the Picifico's chefs. They will get a good restaurant on property too.

The walk to Whalers Village is allmost a half hour.

The walk to the grocery store in the little strip mall is 10 minutes. There is a pizza, coffee house and maybe one more restaurant.

Next door at the Westin Timeshare there are restaurants and then next door to them there is Casanovas restaurant at the Maui Kaanapali Villas.

Next to them is the Royal Lahaina Resort and I like their dining rooom and they have a few gift shops.

California
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honua Kai walking distance to Whalers Village?

It will take you a good half hour to walk to Whaler's Village but it is a lovely walk! You could also catch the free trolley from Maui Kaanapali Villas to Whaler's Village. By the way, the restaurant at Maui Kaanapali Villas is The Castaway. :-)

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honua Kai walking distance to Whalers Village?

There is a beach boardwalk that will take you all the way there. Its walkable. 30 min is about right.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honua Kai walking distance to Whalers Village?

Thank you for the feedback.

Really trying to figure out if we can get by without renting a car if we stay there. I think a car will be neccesary particularly if DH wants to play golf!

Shooshy

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Honua Kai walking distance to Whalers Village?

I think renting a car is a good idea for sure.

7. Re: Honua Kai walking distance to Whalers Village?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2010, 10:48