We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Surf or other condo complexes

california
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Island Surf or other condo complexes

Looking for a special condo in Kihei to celebrate our 30th anniversary is becoming a full time job. Anyone know anything about the Island Surf or other affordable condo complexes you might recommend in the Central to South Kihei area. I found a VRBO listing 90647 at the Island Surf that looks lovely. Any opinions on that property or that unit specifically.

Thanks!!!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Surf or other condo complexes

If you are looking for a "special condo" in Kihei, the Island Surf isn't it. I don't like it being above retail shops in the busiest part of Kihei. You can do better.

Try Kamaole Sands, Maui Banyon, Maui Vista, just to name a few.

california
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Surf or other condo complexes

Thank you, this is very helpful. Any thoughts about Menehune Shores. We just got a reply from a VRBO unit that is on the the 6th floor with an unobstructed ocean view that looks promising but I am not sure about the area as I have never stayed this far north in Kihei.

Thank you again!

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
112 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Surf or other condo complexes

We stayed at the Kealia Resort in April 2009 and really enjoyed it. Its a smaller buidling with a pool and right on a nice stretch of beach. Outside of the main area but easy to get everywhere from there.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Surf or other condo complexes

Take Island Surf off your list. It has no grounds to speak of...just a bunch of concrete right on the busiest, noisiest stretch of Kihei Road and a couple blocks back from the ocean.

Oceanfront Menehune Shores is a great choice and I like the Kealia recommendation also. Both of these are on the oceanside of Kihei Road with lovely views and nice landscaping.

I enjoyed a stay at budget-friendly Nani Kai Hale a couple of years ago. It is in North Kihei on an excellent stretch of Sugar Beach. You might want to take a look: www.nanikaihale.com

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Surf or other condo complexes

Pretty, mature grounds at Maalaea Surf at the entrance to Kihei.

6. Re: Island Surf or other condo complexes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:47