We just got back from Oahu (first trip to Hawaii). We enjoyed it but we believe we would like Maui better and are now planning a 2 week trip for next year. We are a 50+ couple that are fairly active and mobile.
My already extensive research tells me Kihei fits the bill for the following reasons:
1) good beaches for snorkelling and swimming.
2) central island location as a base to explore from.
3) drier climate due to its Leeward location on the Island.
4) large selection of Condo's reasonably priced compared to other parts of the Island.
We plan to rent a car from www.discounthawaiicarrental.com for the 2 weeks we are there. We plan to cook at least 1/2 of our meals so we need a Condo with a kitchen.
Can anyone suggest a Condo complex that would be suitable for us and web sites used for booking. We know about VRBO. Main criteria would be:
1) Condo price range $90 - $130.00 per night - staying 2 weeks (descent weekly rate?).
2) Clean, safe room. We don't mind if its a bit dated, we are not overly fussy or picky.
3) Pool not mandatory but hot tub would be nice.
3) Close to beach access.
4) Free parking.
5) Not too busy or noisey.