We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some reviews on trip advisor

toronto
Level Contributor
330 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Some reviews on trip advisor

Wow, just read 3 or recent reviews about Manele Bay...they were not very good! Seems most people do not think the Resort is up to par with typical 4 Seasons. We really haven't had any complaints over the last 5 years of going there but I do see some of the writers points as far as dining at the Resort. It is disturbing to read the negative reports about Manele Bay. DRV you have been there many more times than us.....have you noticed a decline at all in service in paticular? I really hadn't but maybe because I love Lanai so much I have blinders on...lol!

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Some reviews on trip advisor

Yes kaleberg, the oceanfront rooms are better decorated. They have all Mike Carroll artwork. The regular rooms have about 2-3 mismatched prints in the walls. The lack of enough furniture to fill the room has always been a problem for me. We always call for a 2nd cushioned chair and foot rest, so both of us have a comfortable chair to sit in. And this is always cheerfully delivered. Also, the undersized dresser under the TV, does not have enough space for the clothes we bring for our 10-15 day stays. Pre FS they had a large armoire with lots of room (and it also served to hide the TV).

I agree the lobby and gardens are some of the most beautiful anywhere. And I like that one can walk form any room and stay under cover in case of rain - as opposed to Hualalai.

I probably not get to Lana`i this winter either, as the ending of non-stop flights to Honolulu by Delta, and some budget constraints have come into the picture. But we will see.

California
Level Contributor
35,574 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Some reviews on trip advisor

DrV:

Is the lounge you spoke about for dinner (and happy hour) the one where the pool tables are located? That is a good place for dinner? Our first night we arrive I am trying to figure out what to do. We have the next 2 nights at either Lodge or Lanai Grill so the first night we want to stay close. Would you suggest this option?

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Some reviews on trip advisor

Aloha jebett,

Yes, I love this option. They can either serve you off the bar menu, which is tasty or pick off a larger, but more expensive restaurant menu. They serve this at least till 10 pm, and the live music goes from about 6 or 7 to 10 pm. We always eat there the 1st night and usually another night.

California
Level Contributor
35,574 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Some reviews on trip advisor

I remember going for happy hour last year and listening to some mellow Hawaiian music, but I didn't know if they served dinner as well. That will work out perfectly. We will just want to relax and not get in the shuttle after a day of traveling. The countdown begins!

Thanks.

toronto
Level Contributor
330 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Some reviews on trip advisor

Hi DRV I wonder why Delta stopped their non stop flights to Honolulu? We always do the connection thing as we fly on Ron's points. WE still haven't figured out if we are going or not.

I hope you and Mrs V can still get there this year somehow......I know you love it! (as do we). We met a couple there last year. He is an actor actually, Chris Potter. They were living in California for sometime but have moved back to Canada as they are Canadian. It was their first time to Lanai and they loved it! I think they will go back. They were staying at the lodge but I think they preferred Manele Bay (they came to Manele) pretty much everyday and Chris is a golfer. Most people want to return to Lanai....

Well, have a great weekend....it is a long weekend for us Canadians....Canada day on July lst!!

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Some reviews on trip advisor

Yes luvmaui, Lana`i is my favorite island, but this winter the extra trouble to get there may make us take a one year break. Delta was not filling up the planes with the current economy (our flights last year had dozens of empty seats). These were the bigger Airbus A-330. They now fly smaller 757's that need to stop and refuel on the west coast. So we can hope with a pick up in Hawai`i travel in the future, the nonstop flights will return.

Have a great long weekend! It is almost 100 F today, so it is not a day for outdoor activities here. Our long weekend starts Saturday, so hopfully it cools off as they promised (it is still better than the winter cold).

Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Some reviews on trip advisor

Wow, that is surprising. Nearly every flight I've taken in the past year from the mainland to OGG has been packed to the gills. With two weddings, bridal showers and business trips, I think I need a break from air travel for awhile. It would have been great to have some space to spread out. But apparently United and American are not having trouble filling every available seat.

Scotland
Level Contributor
125 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Some reviews on trip advisor

Reviews have turned a corner the past month or so it seems!

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Some reviews on trip advisor

I agree ScottiePaul, just about all the reviews are great. People are very happy this summer on Lana`i. The most encouraging thing I am reading is that the service has been excellent.

20. Re: Some reviews on trip advisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 02:49
Get answers to your questions about Lanai City