We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Parrish collection accommodation

Rodersdorf...
Level Contributor
29 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
The Parrish collection accommodation

I have tried many times to get information on different condos from this Parrish office in Kaui, and got the automatic reply that someone will get back o e, but have heard nothing. As anyone else had the same problem?

Everywhere is so booked up already or next February already-crazy!!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,151 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Parrish collection accommodation

NO, I've never had an issue getting ahold of the folks at Parrish. They are closed on Sundays and only work a few hours on Saturday. They also have availability online for all of their houses and condos. Do you have a specific question about a specifc property? I've stayed in a lot of the properties on the south shore. Maybe someone on the forum can help? They will be back in their office tomorrow. There is a 3 hour time zone change between the west coast of the United States to Hawaii this time of year. So they are 12 hours behind Switzerland (it's 10:00 a.m. in Hawaii right now, 10:00 p.m. in Switzerland).

Edited: 23 April 2012, 01:29
California
Level Contributor
34,447 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Parrish collection accommodation

What condos are you interested in? Maybe they are listed on VRBO or another rental site. Parrish is not the only game in town.

Most likely the issue is stemming from you living so far away. Have you emailed them?

Feb is busy on the island, but trust me there are a lot of vacancies.

Cedarville, Ohio
Level Contributor
586 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Parrish collection accommodation

You will get the automatic reply until Monday morning. They are fantastic to work with. We have used them since 2004 when they were Grantham. Call Joanne on Monday at 808.742.2000, she will be extremely helpful. We have stayed at their private homes collection on four occasions. Post if you want opinions on properties.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
15,794 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The Parrish collection accommodation

The problem for you is two-fold. You're in Switzerland , a good 12-13 hour time difference. So keep that in mind. Also the office is closed on weekends as mentioned. (Frankly, I've always found it odd when a vacation rental agency doesn't take calls on weekends but that's neither here nor there).

So keep in mind the time difference and give it a try on Monday. My guess is you're missing the office's hours of operation.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
165 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Parrish collection accommodation

I have had nothing but very positive experiences dealing with the Parrish Collection. I agree with the writer that Joanne is very responsive. I would email them, definitely. They have always responded to my emails! Good luck. They are a very responsible (and responsive) company!

California
Level Contributor
34,447 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Parrish collection accommodation

I agree Napaguy. Why don't rental agency work 7 days a week or at least 6?? I know, I know...they need a day off too, but rotating employees isn't impossible. Don't most people do their vacation planning on a weekend? I think the best thing to do is email.... Calling Hawaii from Switzerland is $$$$ if you don't have international calling and visa versa.

You also say you have tried many times to get information. Is that twice? 5 times? If its twice, give them a break, if its 5 times that's a problem.

Here is a favorite website of mine to see what is available during each month. I see lots of availability if you are looking for a condo in Poipu. There is nothing like the views from Kuhio Shores in Feb. Whale watching is spectacular!

summitpacificinc.com/availability/…

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,151 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Parrish collection accommodation

<<Why don't rental agency work 7 days a week or at least 6??>>

Actually, Parrish is open on Saturdays. Just closed on Sundays. I was mistaken in my post above about limited hours on Saturday.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
15,794 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: The Parrish collection accommodation

It's a mystery to me too, Jebett. It does seem like most agencies are closed on weekends. I can see folks like accounting, etc. not needing to be there on weekends but I'd think a skeleton crew to take calls for reservations. And this would mean Sundays too. Yes, I'd agree that many people do their trip planning on weekends. If I had an agency I'd be worried about "the one that got away".

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,151 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Parrish collection accommodation

<<I'd be worried about "the one that got away".>>

I believe this is why they put a lot of time and attention into their website.

Garden Island Rentals is only open Monday - Friday.

California
Level Contributor
34,447 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Parrish collection accommodation

We aren't saying Parrish is the only one with those hours. Regency is the same way. It should be something people are aware of when they book. What happens when there's an issue on a Sunday? What if you are staying at a Garden Island or Parrish rental and you have an emergency? Do they have a special number you call? Shoot, I answer my phone at all hours of the night and day. I wish I had Sunday's off!!! lol